+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regrding PNP

Canada_2015

Jun 28, 2015
Dear Forum Members,

Are the chances of getting nominated in a province reduced if you have a close relative who is a canadian citizen or pemanent resident and is living in some other province(not in the province where you are applying).I read in the forum somewhere that one of the applicants was rejected because he had a close relative living in some other province.Is this true ?Please advise

Canada_2015

Jun 28, 2015
Canada_2015 said:
Dear Forum Members,

Are the chances of getting nominated in a province reduced if you have a close relative who is a canadian citizen or pemanent resident and is living in some other province(not in the province where you are applying).I read in the forum somewhere that one of the applicants was rejected because he had a close relative living in some other province.Is this true ?Please advise
Hello All,
Please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost all PNPs reward applicants who have relatives in that province. I haven't heard of anyone being penalized for having a relative in another province. It might be an unsaid regulation (and I doubt it is) but I haven't come across any such condition under any PNP.

And it is blatantly discriminatory because you have no control over where your relative chooses to live. Unlikely to be true.