+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query Regarding University of Ottawa

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
denmanveer said:
Easily U can get Carleton University, Uni. Of Windsor, Concordia University.
But u can try for Queens University and Western Ontario also (though their cut off is above 75% but u have enough experience so u can get Them 50% chAnces , try ur luck.
-> One doubt, if I am applying for uottawa, should I again apply for Carleton ? I thought if we apply in one, profile is considered for both, may be I am wrong. Please let me know.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
dinzzz said:
Thanks a lot denmanveer for all the information given.
I will check the universities you have mentioned above and apply if I can ( GRE is mandatory in Queens I guess, which I haven't taken-up )

I have a different scenario while applying for universities, my wife is planning to join me while I study and she is planning to work on open work-permit ( she is B.E graduate with 4.5 years of experience in IT field ). So, I am preferring the areas where IT jobs can be attained easily ( for ex, ottawa ).
Any suggestions on open work permits for spouses of students of masters ( are there many rejections or it is smooth ) and universities near IT job areas ?

And hey, Congratulations for getting through uottawa for M.Eng :)
Queens Uni. Don't require gre read here www.ece.queensu.ca/Future-Students/Graduate/Admission-Requirements.html

Sorry bro no idea about work permits,

IT jobs I have heard are available in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver , etc and few in London or Windsor also
And every city stated above has atleast one university .

And thank you.
And Good luck to u

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dinzzz said:
-> One doubt, if I am applying for uottawa, should I again apply for Carleton ? I thought if we apply in one, profile is considered for both, may be I am wrong. Please let me know.
No you don't need to apply to both as the application is considered for both the Universities. And in the first place, the Institute is joint - Ottawa Carleton joint institute.

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
sparta909 said:
No you don't need to apply to both as the application is considered for both the Universities. And in the first place, the Institute is joint - Ottawa Carleton joint institute.
Perfect, Thanks a zillion sparta.

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
sparta909 said:
Have you applied to University of Ottawa? If yes, which program?
Not yet bro. I am planning to apply, as my IELTS results came only on 12th, still waiting for official TRF to arrive.
I want to apply for Masters in Computer Science ( non-thesis ).
What about you ?

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dinzzz said:
Not yet bro. I am planning to apply, as my IELTS results came only on 12th, still waiting for official TRF to arrive.
I want to apply for Masters in Computer Science ( non-thesis ).
What about you ?
Why do you have to wait for official TRF? Apply right away I'd suggest! They process the application with the unofficial copy. I mean wherever I've applied they need only unofficial for processing applications.
I've applied to Carleton University MEng ECE and University of Regina for MEng SSE program winter 2017.

Are you planning to apply for winter '17 too?

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
sparta909 said:
Why do you have to wait for official TRF? Apply right away I'd suggest! They process the application with the unofficial copy. I mean wherever I've applied they need only unofficial for processing applications.
I've applied to Carleton University MEng ECE and University of Regina for MEng SSE program winter 2017.

Are you planning to apply for winter '17 too?
Oh is it ! I did not knew.. Dropped you a personal message, can you please reply ? Thank you.

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
By the by, people, I took at look at UBC requirements.

Criteria is :
1. Application Fee : 162 CAD
2. Tuition Fee : 8270 + 857 ( student fee ) + 13561 ( cost of living ) = all cost is mentioned per year
3. B.E - 65% and above
4. IELTS - 6.5 overall, to be sent electronically
5. Deadline for Sept 2017 is - 15th December 2016
6. transcripts - scan and upload

Since deadline is 15th December 2016, is it ok if I apply by this month end ?
Will I have any chance ?

My profile matches with all above conditions, along with 8.5 years of IT experience.
I want to pursue masters in computer science ( non-thesis / coursework only )

Please let me know your thoughts.