01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello Guys,
I got offer letter from University of Ottawa for Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

But I have also Applied for Master of Computer Science in the sams university for which the decision is pending.

Now my query is that if I accept Uni. Of Ottawa's MEng Offer
And by the time they send me MCS offer also,
Then Can I accept that?
And reject the Meng offer which earlier I accepted???

Kindly Post your replies.

I will be very thank ful to you.

Thank You.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Don't mean to hijack your thread or take it off topic..

But how long did uOttawa take to give you decision. I have applied for MEng ECE specialization : CSE for Winter 2017

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
harvijay1001 said:
Don't mean to hijack your thread or take it off topic..

But how long did uOttawa take to give you decision. I have applied for MEng ECE specialization : CSE for Winter 2017
No problem bro.

It took around 8 weeks from the day they confirmed the receipt of my documents.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Anyone pls help me

succeedbeat

Sep 3, 2015
denmanveer said:
Anyone pls help me
Hi, I think there should not be any problem as both applications are different so you will get two offer letters. However, Email or call them and ask about it to be sure.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
succeedbeat said:
Hi, I think there should not be any problem as both applications are different so you will get two offer letters. However, Email or call them and ask about it to be sure.
Thanks mate for the reply.

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
Hi denmanveer.

I am from India, looking for admissions into uottawa for Sept 2017 in masters ( Comp. Sci )
My profile is :
10th : 82%
12th : 78%
B.E in comp. sci : 72% ( FC with Distinction - VTU ) in 2008
Total 8.5 years of IT experience, working in service and product companies.

I am planning to apply for Sept 2017 Masters in Computer Science.
I would be very thankful to you, if you take out your some time and help me out with below questions :

1) I understand March 2017 is deadline for uottawa for Sept 2017 admissions, but what is the best time before which admission can be attained for masters in uottawa for international students ?
2) sending transcripts from university - is it ok if I send the transcripts from my college itself? How did you do when you applied for uottawa ?
3) Reference letters - from whom you got your reference letters ?
4) Any suggestions other than uottawa, where I can get admissions easily ?

Thanking once again.

pritpal0882

May 31, 2016
Hello

My profile is same like yours, i have 10 years of experience and have applied in Uottawa for Ms in Computers and Electrical,waiting for decision from university, here are your answers :-

1 - Try to apply as soon as admission opens , don't wait
2- Do not send transcripts from college ,they will reject it . Take transcripts from university in sealed envelope (stamped and signed ) from university and send them to univ
3- U can take reference letters from your Employer/current manager/previous managers/team leaders or from your college
4- Overall UOttawa takes 2 to 3 months to give you an offer

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my view, if accepting the offer does not require you to pay certain amount of money, it should be no problem doing so. However, if otherwise, it might be a problem for you. Check the same and decide accordingly.

And, Congratulations! You made it to such a great University!

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
dinzzz said:
Hi denmanveer.

I am from India, looking for admissions into uottawa for Sept 2017 in masters ( Comp. Sci )
My profile is :
10th : 82%
12th : 78%
B.E in comp. sci : 72% ( FC with Distinction - VTU ) in 2008
Total 8.5 years of IT experience, working in service and product companies.

I am planning to apply for Sept 2017 Masters in Computer Science.
I would be very thankful to you, if you take out your some time and help me out with below questions :
1) I understand March 2017 is deadline for uottawa for Sept 2017 admissions, but what is the best time before which admission can be attained for masters in uottawa for international students ?
No Idea but u can apppy in December or January to get admit asap.
Your profile is good u can get MCS easily don't go for M.Eng.
2) sending transcripts from university - is it ok if I send the transcripts from my college itself? How did you do when you applied for uottawa ?
U have to get sealed transcripts from the university and then u can send that sealed envelope along with other documents to university yourself .

3) Reference letters - from whom you got your reference letters ?
From my teachers who taught me.
4) Any suggestions other than uottawa, where I can get admissions easily ?
Thanking once again.
Easily U can get Carleton University, Uni. Of Windsor, Concordia University.
But u can try for Queens University and Western Ontario also (though their cut off is above 75% but u have enough experience so u can get Them 50% chAnces , try ur luck.

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
sparta909 said:
In my view, if accepting the offer does not require you to pay certain amount of money, it should be no problem doing so. However, if otherwise, it might be a problem for you. Check the same and decide accordingly.

And, Congratulations! You made it to such a great University!
Thank You so much mate ☺☺☺

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
pritpal0882 said:
Hello

My profile is same like yours, i have 10 years of experience and have applied in Uottawa for Ms in Computers and Electrical,waiting for decision from university, here are your answers :-

1 - Try to apply as soon as admission opens , don't wait
2- Do not send transcripts from college ,they will reject it . Take transcripts from university in sealed envelope (stamped and signed ) from university and send them to univ
3- U can take reference letters from your Employer/current manager/previous managers/team leaders or from your college
4- Overall UOttawa takes 2 to 3 months to give you an offer
Thanks a lot pritpal, I was waiting for my IELTS result, which came yesterday. Now I will wait for IELTS marks sheet to come and then start applying, in the mean time I will shortlist the universities to which I can apply.
I need one information about sending IELTS marks to university.
I guess, British Council (through which I attended IELTS), sends extra copy of marksheet directly to university rather than to me.
So, how you handled this situation while applying for uottawa ? How did you send your IELTS marksheet to uottawa?

And, of course, wish you good luck to attain the admission in uottawa.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
dinzzz said:
Thanks a lot pritpal, I was waiting for my IELTS result, which came yesterday. Now I will wait for IELTS marks sheet to come and then start applying, in the mean time I will shortlist the universities to which I can apply.
I need one information about sending IELTS marks to university.
I guess, British Council (through which I attended IELTS), sends extra copy of marksheet directly to university rather than to me.
So, how you handled this situation while applying for uottawa ? How did you send your IELTS marksheet to uottawa?

And, of course, wish you good luck to attain the admission in uottawa.
University of Ottawa accepted just a copy of the IELTS TRF that IDP gave me. They said they would be able to verify directly.

So you don't have to pay BC 1250 Rs to deliver the TRF to uOttawa

On a side note, Has anybody got a decision for Winter 2017 from uOttawa yet? My application was completed on June 3rd and still no decision. :O

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
denmanveer said:
No Idea but u can apppy in December or January to get admit asap.
Your profile is good u can get MCS easily don't go for M.Eng.U have to get sealed transcripts from the university and then u can send that sealed envelope along with other documents to university yourself .
From my teachers who taught me.Easily U can get Carleton University, Uni. Of Windsor, Concordia University.
But u can try for Queens University and Western Ontario also (though their cut off is above 75% but u have enough experience so u can get Them 50% chAnces , try ur luck.
Thanks a lot denmanveer for all the information given.
I will check the universities you have mentioned above and apply if I can ( GRE is mandatory in Queens I guess, which I haven't taken-up )

I have a different scenario while applying for universities, my wife is planning to join me while I study and she is planning to work on open work-permit ( she is B.E graduate with 4.5 years of experience in IT field ). So, I am preferring the areas where IT jobs can be attained easily ( for ex, ottawa ).
Any suggestions on open work permits for spouses of students of masters ( are there many rejections or it is smooth ) and universities near IT job areas ?

And hey, Congratulations for getting through uottawa for M.Eng :)

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
dinzzz said:
Wow, that is great. Thank you for the info harvijay. if you don't mind, can you drop me a test mail to dinzzz@gmail.com so that I can contact you if I have any doubts while applying for uottawa? Again, no force :)
Thanks you once again.
You can just PM me on canadavisa itself. I'm pretty active on the forum