+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding the re-entry to Canada

Jan 15, 2016
This is Ankita Jain. I am having a small query, which I am trying to figure it out since long. Unfortunately, I am unable to do so. Please help me if possible.

Mentioning my query below:

I was studying in Centennial College (Progress Campus) in Canada. I arrived into country on Aug 2012. Finished my 2 years diploma course and got my 3 years of open work permit. After getting my working permit which is valid until July 2017, I came to India on Sep 2014. Now, when I want to return back to the country.

Nov 24, 2015 I applied for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) through VFS Global from Ahmedabad. Including forms IMM 5257, Family information form as well as VFS consent form with the xerox copy of my working permit as well as mentioned in a cover letter that I am applying for visa to re-enter into Canada.

Two weeks from now I received my passport and my application was rejected.

Please do the needful. Let me know if you need any further details.

Many regards,

Ankita

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Ankita,

What were the reasons for refusal?
Why did you not return earlier?
Do share the list of documents which you submitted

Cheers

Jan 15, 2016
Hello,

Ans: First reason mentioned is PURPOSE OF VISIT and second reason mentioned is that they arent satisfied that I am a genuine temporary worker to Canada.

Ans: Could not convince my parents for the same

Ans: I filled in 3 forms which are IMM 5257, Family information form and VFS Consent form thereafter attached xerox copy of my WORKING PERMIT with a covering letter which said that I am applying for a multiple entry visa for re-entry into Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Basically, CIC is not convinced that you want to remain in Canada on your Work Permit because you left one month after getting your WP + you did not return for nearly 2 years.

You studied/lived away from your parents earlier for 2 years as a student.... if you state you were unable to convince your parents to return to work, this is a weak reason.

Have you applied for jobs? Do you have an offer of employment?

Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Get an offer of employment and apply again.

Jan 15, 2016
What documents will I need to apply for next time? Can you please let me know?

One of my friend is Permanent Resident over there in Canada. Is there any way I can ask him to help me?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You must show that you have applied for jobs.... or you have interviews lined up.... or even an employment offer.... include these proofs when you reapply for a TRV

Jan 15, 2016
Just an employment letter is enough from an employer to process the file next time as well as what are the amount of funds that I need to show while application. Please mention it.

Regard,

Ankita

Jan 15, 2016
As I did my Diploma into Software Engineering Technician one of my friend in Canada is having his own company and wants to hire me as Database Analyst. Will this Letter of Employment work for me while re-application for TRV as well as do I need to show the proofs of available funds? If yes - how much??