+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query Regarding Spouse Visa - Real Brother

Ashutosh Jha

Sep 8, 2019
Is real brother of a student be granted/allowed spouse Visa? Will he be allowed to work on spouse Visa in Canada? My brother is going for his studies in Canada in Jan 2021 intake. Can I also Apply for spouse/dependent Visa?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No, you can't be the spouse of your real brother.

Unless your brother adopted you and covers all your expenses, you're also not your brother's dependent.

Reactions: Ashutosh Jha

Ashutosh Jha

Sep 8, 2019
Honestly, that's what I thought as well...
thanks for the response!!! Yes I know the definition :) But how come then father and mother be spouse ? I have seen many who have taken their mother father while they are studying then why not bother can be taken?

Ashutosh Jha

Sep 8, 2019
No, you can't be the spouse of your real brother.

Unless your brother adopted you and covers all your expenses, you're also not your brother's dependent.
So Is there any pathway that I can be with him while he is studying in Canada expect PR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for the response!!! Yes I know the definition :) But how come then father and mother be spouse ? I have seen many who have taken their mother father while they are studying then why not bother can be taken?
Obviously people can't take parents as a spouse. The parents would have applied separately for TRVs.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't marry your mother or father either. Please do understand that the definition of spouse is someone who you marry (or live with in a common-law marriage)