+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding sibling points

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
I have claimed sibling points in my EE profile as my sister is a canadian citizen.
What docs do i need to upload to justify the relationship as her canadian passport does not carry the father's name but her OCI card has father's name mentioned on it.

If i provide copy of her passport and her OCI, is it sufficient to justify the points claimed or any more documents are required?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I have claimed sibling points in my EE profile as my sister is a canadian citizen.
What docs do i need to upload to justify the relationship as her canadian passport does not carry the father's name but her OCI card has father's name mentioned on it.

If i provide copy of her passport and her OCI, is it sufficient to justify the points claimed or any more documents are required?
You need several types of documents; please see below:
  • Proof of Sibling’s PR/Citizenship Status:
    • For Citizen: Scan of Birth Certificate or Passport Bio Page
    • For Permanent Resident: Scan of back and front of PR Cards

• Proof of your Sibling Relationship: Scans of both of your birth certificates, both showing the name of a shared parent

• Proof of your Sibling’s Physical Residence in Canada: A rental agreement, utility bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them, bank account or credit card statements with your sibling’s Canadian address, and/or phone bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them. It’s a good idea to submit more than one of these documents, so that the 2nd can corroborate the 1st, and they should ideally be dated within the last 6 months.

srobin

Aug 17, 2017
Dear All,

I have question regarding filling our Permanent Resident (PR) application. My wife is primary applicant. Her sister is a permanent resident of Canada.

Situation:

1. We already applied and our application got rejected due to incompleteness.

2. We got ITA 2nd Time

3. 1st time we mentioned my wife’s sister in the application.

4. Now, due to some personal problems in their (wife's sister family) we did not mention her in the express entry profile. We wanted to avoid documentation which involves her.

Question:

Now when we got ITA second time, should we mention her in the Application form for PR?

If we do: Then it will be contradictory to the information we provided in the express entry form.

If not: They already have the information from our first PR application and then it will be misrepresentation.

What you suggest us to do in this case.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

I have got my passport stamped after my express entry profile got approved. My brother is also applying for canadian PR.

I wanted to ask if he can claim 15 marks in his profile now as I have not landed yet and planning sometime later next year.

If yes then what all docs are to be shared once he gets ITA.

Please suggest.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi All,

I have got my passport stamped after my express entry profile got approved. My brother is also applying for canadian PR.

I wanted to ask if he can claim 15 marks in his profile now as I have not landed yet and planning sometime later next year.

If yes then what all docs are to be shared once he gets ITA.

Please suggest.
No. Not until you have made a landing. You are not officially a PR of Canada until you land and you don't get any rights or benefits. Your bother can wait for you to land and officially become a PR or, he can apply without claiming points on your name.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
No. Not until you have made a landing. You are not officially a PR of Canada until you land and you don't get any rights or benefits. Your bother can wait for you to land and officially become a PR or, he can apply without claiming points on your name.
Thanks for the help

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
You need several types of documents; please see below:
  • Proof of Sibling’s PR/Citizenship Status:
    • For Citizen: Scan of Birth Certificate or Passport Bio Page
    • For Permanent Resident: Scan of back and front of PR Cards

• Proof of your Sibling Relationship: Scans of both of your birth certificates, both showing the name of a shared parent

• Proof of your Sibling’s Physical Residence in Canada: A rental agreement, utility bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them, bank account or credit card statements with your sibling’s Canadian address, and/or phone bills with your sibling’s Canadian address on them. It’s a good idea to submit more than one of these documents, so that the 2nd can corroborate the 1st, and they should ideally be dated within the last 6 months.
Dear Crescent

Regarding the Proof of Sibling Relationship, if i provide my passport (which has my parents name) and her Original Citizen of India card (which also mentions parents names for my sis)...will it be ok......the prob is we dont have birth certificates.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Dear Crescent

Regarding the Proof of Sibling Relationship, if i provide my passport (which has my parents name) and her Original Citizen of India card (which also mentions parents names for my sis)...will it be ok......the prob is we dont have birth certificates.
I'm not sure; it would probably be best to pose this question to the entire forum, to cast a wider net, as I can't speak specifically to this situation...