+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Proof of funds

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hello All,

I have recently managed funds in my savings account and planning to buy FD's in the same SBI account for the amount required as per CIC guidelines.

Could you please advise if I should buy FD's through online banking or go to the branch and get hard copy of FD certificates. I would like to understand which one is more convenient in terms of providing documents as proof of funds to CIC (online statement balance or hard copies of Fixed Deposits)

Does CIC ask for bank statements (debits and credits) even in case of providing money in Fixed Deposits.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Darshan

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Darshan019 said:
Hello All,

I have recently managed funds in my savings account and planning to buy FD's in the same SBI account for the amount required as per CIC guidelines.

Could you please advise if I should buy FD's through online banking or go to the branch and get hard copy of FD certificates. I would like to understand which one is more convenient in terms of providing documents as proof of funds to CIC (online statement balance or hard copies of Fixed Deposits)

Does CIC ask for bank statements (debits and credits) even in case of providing money in Fixed Deposits.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Darshan
For proof of Fixed deposits, you will need the hard copy of your fixed deposit certificate/statement along with your bank letter stating the list of FDS,value and date of deposit and also account opening date. Some banks also give stamped bank statements for last 6 months but not required for Fixed deposits.

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hello All,

I'm planning to put my savings in Fixed Deposits for Proof of Funds. I'm the primary applicant and I will be taking my wife and kid along as well.

Can you please advise if I should have all FD's in my account or can I have some FD's in my wife's saving account as well. If yes please advice what should be the proportion and also if I would need any affidavit or other documents to show FD's in my wife's account.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darshan

crimsonautumn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darshan019 said:
Hello All,

I'm planning to put my savings in Fixed Deposits for Proof of Funds. I'm the primary applicant and I will be taking my wife and kid along as well.

Can you please advise if I should have all FD's in my account or can I have some FD's in my wife's saving account as well. If yes please advice what should be the proportion and also if I would need any affidavit or other documents to show FD's in my wife's account.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darshan
If you are going to create a new FD, why don't you create in your name itself ?

As such, if your spouse is accompanying you, you can show the funds in her name as well. She just needs to provide a self declaration stating that she has no objections as to your usage of funds for immigration purpose.

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Thanks a lot Crimson for your prompt response.

Could you also please advise if I should buy FD's through online banking or go to the branch and get hard copy of FD certificates. I would like to understand which one is more convenient in terms of providing documents as proof of funds to CIC (online statement balance or hard copies of Fixed Deposits)

Regards,
Darshan

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Darshan019 said:
Thanks a lot Crimson for your prompt response.

Could you also please advise if I should buy FD's through online banking or go to the branch and get hard copy of FD certificates. I would like to understand which one is more convenient in terms of providing documents as proof of funds to CIC (online statement balance or hard copies of Fixed Deposits)

Regards,
Darshan
Hard copy always, as this has the bank's official stamp. You can purchase FDs online through net banking but ask the Bank to provide the hard copy of FD certificate