+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding POF

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
hi all,
I am the primary applicant and my funds are gifted by my father and husband (who is accompanying me) by RTGS.
My query is
1.Should they provide their bank account passbook relevant pages to show proof of transfer to my account?
2. IS THERE ANY OTHER DOCUMENT ,I CAN USE AS PROOF OF TRANSFER? (so that the source of money to donor's (father and my husband)account are not revealed, so that i can avoid collecting too many supporting documents)
3. Money in my husband's account is gifted by his brother, which he transferred to my account.So if i give passbook statements, it is clearly mentioned there.
4.Then should my husband get a gift deed from his brother?
Kindly reply

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Cann2017 said:
hi all,
I am the primary applicant and my funds are gifted by my father and husband (who is accompanying me) by RTGS.
My query is
1.Should they provide their bank account passbook relevant pages to show proof of transfer to my account?
2. IS THERE ANY OTHER DOCUMENT ,I CAN USE AS PROOF OF TRANSFER? (so that the source of money to donor's (father and my husband)account are not revealed, so that i can avoid collecting too many supporting documents)
3. Money in my husband's account is gifted by his brother, which he transferred to my account.So if i give passbook statements, it is clearly mentioned there.
4.Then should my husband get a gift deed from his brother?
Kindly reply

If all the gifts are taken before 6 months you do not need to show anything but only bank statements of all three of you for 6 months.

If the money is gifted and transferred recently you need gift deed and also bank statement of the person who gifted for 6 months.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
thank you for the reply
All transactions took place this month after i received ITA.
My main concern is
1.Should i include gift deed from my husband's brother (who transferred money to my husband's account, few days back)?
2.My husband's bank passbook shows the fund transfer with his brother's name.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you must get a declaration from his brother that the money is a gift and not a loan, otherwise there is no guarantee that the money actually belongs to your husband.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Yes you must get a declaration from his brother that the money is a gift and not a loan, otherwise there is no guarantee that the money actually belongs to your husband.
thank you DelPiero07
Will I CIC ask for my father's net worth certificate and my husband's net worth certificate?
OR my husband's brother's net worth certificate?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Cann2017 said:
thank you for the reply
All transactions took place this month after i received ITA.
My main concern is
1.Should i include gift deed from my husband's brother (who transferred money to my husband's account, few days back)?
2.My husband's bank passbook shows the fund transfer with his brother's name.
Also along with gift deed from husbands brother you need his bank statements of 6 months that he possessed the money since long. {The reason is you can put cash money in his account and then take a gift}

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cann2017 said:
thank you DelPiero07
Will I CIC ask for my father's net worth certificate and my husband's net worth certificate?
OR my husband's brother's net worth certificate?
No, they cannot do that as they are not a part of your application.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
No, they cannot do that as they are not a part of your application.
My husband is accompanying me and he has gifted more than half of the required amount to show POF(which he got from his brother and is shown in his account)
I have collected the below mentioned documents
1.gift deed and self declaration from father
2.gift deed and self declaration from husband
3.My self declaration
4.Letter from my bank showing my account details
WHAT ARE THE OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED?
PLEASE REPLY

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cann2017 said:
My husband is accompanying me and he has gifted more than half of the required amount to show POF(which he got from his brother and is shown in his account)
I have collected the below mentioned documents
1.gift deed and self declaration from father
2.gift deed and self declaration from husband
3.My self declaration
4.Letter from my bank showing my account details
WHAT ARE THE OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED?
PLEASE REPLY
You don't need to provide a self-declaration.

Other than the declarations from the people gifting the money you only need proof of transfer.