+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding medical expiry

gimmick25

Sep 12, 2020
Hello guys, Recently I came to know through WhatsApp chats that few students got study permit for the period of 6 months at airport during immigration. Reason behind this is that their medical had expired. Now i have same case.

Medical done - 23 July 2020
PPR - 22 February 2021
Intake - September 2021
I might fly during August 2021, So my medical would have expired at that. Do i need to appear for my medical exam again?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
That's interesting. I have never known students do need medical again. (I mean, after getting your application approved). That's mostly people coming as a permanent resident.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's interesting. I have never known students do need medical again. (I mean, after getting your application approved). That's mostly people coming as a permanent resident.
It hasn't been common because most would have landed in Canada soon after being approved for their SP instead of studying remotely from outside Canada or wouldn't have deferred for long periods of time.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
It hasn't been common because most would have landed in Canada soon after being approved for their SP instead of studying remotely from outside Canada or wouldn't have deferred for long periods of time.
Aaah. That totally makes sense.

pinkpinkpink

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the update, so we can arrange the medical exam, even the clinic not uploading to the IRCC system? they are willing to provide the report?
I notice the email reply also mentioned actually even no exam still okay to enter Canada, just limited to 6 month duration, if my remained course is only 1 semester, does it mean I am safe not to redo the test? Thank you all!

Mohammed5120

Apr 15, 2021
Hello guys, Recently I came to know through WhatsApp chats that few students got study permit for the period of 6 months at airport during immigration. Reason behind this is that their medical had expired. Now i have same case.

Medical done - 23 July 2020
PPR - 22 February 2021
Intake - September 2021
I might fly during August 2021, So my medical would have expired at that. Do i need to appear for my medical exam again?
Did you get any solution same boat

Arjun.Nandakumar

Apr 13, 2019
Hey,

I had done my medical last year. However, since I had not gotten my visa on time, I had to defer the intake to this year's September.

My medical is about to expire on June 21st, as it is valid only for 1 year.

I've received three reminders from the IRCC requesting me to renew my medical as I would need it before I travel. Even the International Center of my University said the same.

However Canadian Physician Panels at my city & country (Bangalore, India) require an IME number and a specific IMM form.
I have tried to obtain it from the embassy but it is not operational.
I have raised multiple webforms to the IRCC but they keep sending me a reply stating that my application is normal at the moment, and they are not requesting any documents.

I just wanted to know where I could get the forms from? And would my visa status be affected if my medical becomes expired?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hey,

I had done my medical last year. However, since I had not gotten my visa on time, I had to defer the intake to this year's September.

I've received three reminders from the IRCC requesting me to renew my medical as I would need it before I travel. Even the International Center of my University said the same.

However Canadian Physician Panels at my city & country (Bangalore, India) require an IME number and a specific IMM form.
I have raised multiple webforms to the IRCC but they keep sending me a reply stating that my application is normal at the moment, and they are not requesting any documents.

I just wanted to know where I could get the forms from? And would my visa status be affected if my medical becomes expired?
It means you need to wait for IRCC to send another medical request letter to your account.

arghyanil

Jul 4, 2021
Hey,

Hey, could you help me with something? As you mentioned your medical was about to expire on June 21st 2021, did you do the medical exam on June 21st 2020 i.e. the same day last year? Also, could you tell me the exact dates when IRCC started sending you reminders?

It would be really helpful for me to assess my situation as I gave my medicals last year on August 29th and am planning to land in Canada on around 17th/18th of August this year.
Thanks!