+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding job title and qualification mismatch.

rudransingh

Dec 29, 2018
Hello Members!

I am about to apply for EE and I think the guys I have hired to help basically are not of much use. So I am counting on help and advices here. I have a few queries as follows, request you fellow members to help

1. I have an engineering degree, post which I worked as an HR (NOC Code 1223) for an IT company for 4 years. Then did MBA and worked in Sales for almost 2 years. My query is my first job title was "Systems Engineer", but my roles according to NOC Code was of "Human Resources Officer". This is how my Company Reference Letter goes as well, stating my Role of a Human Resources Officer and Designation as "Systems Engineer". Will this pose as a problem in my application after ITA? The company doesn't allow any of its employees to provide any letter to support this. I only have the Official Reference Letter/Skill Letter from the company.

2. Also for NOC Code 1223, Canadian NOC Code search website states employment requirements are,
  • A university degree or college diploma in a field related to personnel management such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
    or
    Completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is usually required.
  • Certification as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) may be required.
  • Some experience in a clerical or administrative position related to personnel administration may be required.
I didn't have this qualification when I was performing the roles of this NOC. After this job, in my MBA, I did a Business Administration course (but not in Human Resources). So would this qualification mismatch for my first job be a problem in my application?

TYIA

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello Members!

I am about to apply for EE and I think the guys I have hired to help basically are not of much use. So I am counting on help and advices here. I have a few queries as follows, request you fellow members to help

1. I have an engineering degree, post which I worked as an HR (NOC Code 1223) for an IT company for 4 years. Then did MBA and worked in Sales for almost 2 years. My query is my first job title was "Systems Engineer", but my roles according to NOC Code was of "Human Resources Officer". This is how my Company Reference Letter goes as well, stating my Role of a Human Resources Officer and Designation as "Systems Engineer". Will this pose as a problem in my application after ITA? The company doesn't allow any of its employees to provide any letter to support this. I only have the Official Reference Letter/Skill Letter from the company.

2. Also for NOC Code 1223, Canadian NOC Code search website states employment requirements are,
  • A university degree or college diploma in a field related to personnel management such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
    or
    Completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is usually required.
  • Certification as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) may be required.
  • Some experience in a clerical or administrative position related to personnel administration may be required.
I didn't have this qualification when I was performing the roles of this NOC. After this job, in my MBA, I did a Business Administration course (but not in Human Resources). So would this qualification mismatch for my first job be a problem in my application?

TYIA
1/Job titles are not the focus of their analysis at all. They simply make sure you completed the duties in the NOC. No worries.
2/You are not required to show you have the employment requirements at all. No worries.

rudransingh

Dec 29, 2018
1/Job titles are not the focus of their analysis at all. They simply make sure you completed the duties in the NOC. No worries.
2/You are not required to show you have the employment requirements at all. No worries.
Thank you Peacekeeper87

But when I submit my application along with WES ECA report, it will be possible for them to see when did I start working for what and what was my qualification before that job. Or are you saying they don't look for qualification at all for the job we do?

Also isn't HR related jobs are regulated jobs?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Thank you Peacekeeper87

But when I submit my application along with WES ECA report, it will be possible for them to see when did I start working for what and what was my qualification before that job. Or are you saying they don't look for qualification at all for the job we do?

Also isn't HR related jobs are regulated jobs?
It doesn't matter if your qualifications and job don't match.

rudransingh

Dec 29, 2018
It doesn't matter if your qualifications and job don't match.
Thank you Sam

I am sure you have more experience and know better, but just to confirm, are you sure? I heard a man did his graduation in Computer Science and was working as a Treasury Manager in a Bank. After getting ITA, he was asked to explain what made him work in this. Although he explained however best he could, he hasn't heard back from the authorities yet and it has been very long. So my case has made me worried.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Thank you Sam

I am sure you have more experience and know better, but just to confirm, are you sure? I heard a man did his graduation in Computer Science and was working as a Treasury Manager in a Bank. After getting ITA, he was asked to explain what made him work in this. Although he explained however best he could, he hasn't heard back from the authorities yet and it has been very long. So my case has made me worried.
Yes, I'm sure