+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding IELTS and TOEFL for admission to Colleges and VISA processing

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I am interested in applying to colleges like Sheridan and GBC and Fanshawe/Centennial for a post-graduate certificate course in Supply chain or Business analytics as I have about 5 years of work exp. now in the related field and I hold an Engineering degree from India. Primary purpose for taking up a course is immigration and also to get exposure to the local Canadian job market probably via Co-op. I have heard Sheridan and GBC have good industry connections.
I have a TOEFL score of 100 overall with individual sections as W:28 L:25 R:25 S:22, I was asked by my education consultant to write IELTS as well, for which I am awaiting results on 27th Jan.

So my queries are:
1. Which colleges are among top 5 in Canada w.r.t Industry connections and providing decent co-op work?
2. I want to go ahead and apply to colleges using my current TOEFL score rather than waiting for IELTS results (also because I feel I did not do that well on it, and probably might not get the minimum score required for admission to these colleges), so can I apply using TOEFL?
3. Is there a minimum requirement for IELTS for visa process as well? I mean I have no idea how that works for Visa processing.
4. My past academic records are not so great, where I have about 79% in 10th and 61% in 12th and 61% in Engineering, so do I stand a chance in getting an admit in any university based on work exp. (supply chain and business analytics and related courses) with just the TOEFL score, I did not wriet GRE/GMAT?

Appreciate a response.

Thanks,
Kane

Shivani01

May 31, 2017
I am interested in applying to colleges like Sheridan and GBC and Fanshawe/Centennial for a post-graduate certificate course in Supply chain or Business analytics as I have about 5 years of work exp. now in the related field and I hold an Engineering degree from India. Primary purpose for taking up a course is immigration and also to get exposure to the local Canadian job market probably via Co-op. I have heard Sheridan and GBC have good industry connections.
I have a TOEFL score of 100 overall with individual sections as W:28 L:25 R:25 S:22, I was asked by my education consultant to write IELTS as well, for which I am awaiting results on 27th Jan.

So my queries are:
1. Which colleges are among top 5 in Canada w.r.t Industry connections and providing decent co-op work?
2. I want to go ahead and apply to colleges using my current TOEFL score rather than waiting for IELTS results (also because I feel I did not do that well on it, and probably might not get the minimum score required for admission to these colleges), so can I apply using TOEFL?
3. Is there a minimum requirement for IELTS for visa process as well? I mean I have no idea how that works for Visa processing.
4. My past academic records are not so great, where I have about 79% in 10th and 61% in 12th and 61% in Engineering, so do I stand a chance in getting an admit in any university based on work exp. (supply chain and business analytics and related courses) with just the TOEFL score, I did not wriet GRE/GMAT?

Appreciate a response.

Thanks,
Kane
Hi, did you finally manage to apply with just your toefl score? And did you get your visa?