+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Final Decision for Spouse Open Work Permit, Please help

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hi,

I am an international student who started studies in Canada in Fall(September) 2016 with Post Graduation Course. I placed my spouse file on Spouse Open Work Permit(SOWP) in November 2016, which got refused after 37 days with below reasons:
1. Insufficient funds
2. Travel history
3. Length of Proposed Stay

I connected my spouse's paper application to online, and came to know about her refusal.
I have explanation for above reasons that my spouse's application was rejected on irrelevant reasons. Below are the explanations:
1. Insufficient funds :
I showed around $250k from my home country(India) and $13k from Canada

2. Travel history:
My immigration lawyer mentioned clearly that my spouse has only been in India since her birth and has never been outside India

3. Length of Proposed Stay:
My immigration lawyer mentioned clearly that my spouse will be staying in Canada till I have my study visa and we both will be leaving Canada on my Visa completion and did not intent to break any laws.

Still my file was rejected.
However, the thing that happened, we cannot change. So we placed her file on SOWP by the end of May, 2017 with same funds from India, however more funds from Canada approximately $31k.

I again connected my spouse's paper application to online, however it was showing the previous application's decision only and not the new one and so the value shown in
"Final decision : " was "Refused" with old refusal letter with the date it was refused.

So I kept some patience, and before two weeks, the value of
"Final decision : " was changed to "blank, that is no value is shown in association to the final decision"

However, in the column
"Application status" the value is "A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below."

And as said earlier,
"Final decision : " was changed to "blank, that is no value is shown in association to the final decision"

So, my query is :
1. What does this "blank" represents in "Final decision" ?
And
2. till what duration, Can I expect the application's status?

I request everyone to help me out with this.
All the help, irrespective of small or big, is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Karunanikhil

Apr 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
Hi
I applied for my spouse too ! It shows Final decision blank !
My file was under reconsideration after refusal ! Its showing blank !
Hi,

I am an international student who started studies in Canada in Fall(September) 2016 with Post Graduation Course. I placed my spouse file on Spouse Open Work Permit(SOWP) in November 2016, which got refused after 37 days with below reasons:
1. Insufficient funds
2. Travel history
3. Length of Proposed Stay

I connected my spouse's paper application to online, and came to know about her refusal.
I have explanation for above reasons that my spouse's application was rejected on irrelevant reasons. Below are the explanations:
1. Insufficient funds :
I showed around $250k from my home country(India) and $13k from Canada

2. Travel history:
My immigration lawyer mentioned clearly that my spouse has only been in India since her birth and has never been outside India

3. Length of Proposed Stay:
My immigration lawyer mentioned clearly that my spouse will be staying in Canada till I have my study visa and we both will be leaving Canada on my Visa completion and did not intent to break any laws.

Still my file was rejected.
However, the thing that happened, we cannot change. So we placed her file on SOWP by the end of May, 2017 with same funds from India, however more funds from Canada approximately $31k.

I again connected my spouse's paper application to online, however it was showing the previous application's decision only and not the new one and so the value shown in
"Final decision : " was "Refused" with old refusal letter with the date it was refused.

So I kept some patience, and before two weeks, the value of

However, in the column
"Application status" the value is "A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below."

And as said earlier,

So, my query is :
1. What does this "blank" represents in "Final decision" ?
And
2. till what duration, Can I expect the application's status?

I request everyone to help me out with this.
All the help, irrespective of small or big, is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Karunanikhil

Apr 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
When did you apply?
I applied on 27 feb ! Rejected on 3 june ! Its an error in my expiry date of my wife 's wife that was reason so they reopened on 6th june and showed in process . Since 28 june final decision is empty ! Any suggestions why ?

gehlot.paresh

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
I applied on 27 feb ! Rejected on 3 june ! Its an error in my expiry date of my wife 's wife that was reason so they reopened on 6th june and showed in process . Since 28 june final decision is empty ! Any suggestions why ?
Didn't get you
specifically with your statement below
Its an error in my expiry date of my wife 's wife that was reason so they reopened on 6th june and showed in process . Since 28 june final decision is empty !