+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Express Entry Profile

anant.pandher

Mar 7, 2017
India
hey guys,
i have a query which am hopeful will be solved here.. My profile was activated in first week of jan 2017.. at that point of time i had only bachelor's degree and my points stood at 405.. after 2 months now i have received my MSC degree in same subject and from same university.
I have checked using WES education credential tool that my degree will be equivalent to MSC in canada.. currently i have already sent my my transcripts to WES for assessment.. but i think it will be another month before i get an ECA..
Now my question is: Should i just go ahead and update my highest level of education to MSC in my express entry profile?( as doing so gets me to 444 points thus much better chances in next draw) or i should wait until my ECA arrives and then update my education level to MSC.. would be glad if some1 could guide me on this..

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to wait.

Making the change can be considered misrepresentation as you do not possess an ECA for such degree.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your ECA is dated after your ITA, you will be rejected. Just wait and you'll get the ITA in due time! :)

anant.pandher

Mar 7, 2017
India
ahh ok.. thank you very much guys for the enlightenment.. i had that nagging worry, that it wont be right thing to do.. good i have these forums to clear my doubt. :)