+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding employer reference letter

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hello!

I have a query regarding employer reference letter. I went through the forums and each one seemed to have a different answer, so I'm wondering if someone can provide an answer to my specific situation.

My employer does not provide reference letter in CIC required format. So, I will be getting a letter signed by my immediate supervisor to attest the roles and responsibilities held within the organization. However, some forum answers seems to indicate that we need to include our first and last payslips to substantiate this letter. Unfortunately, I quit my job a couple of years ago and don't have the first payslip. I only have the last few payslips.

So my question is, Is it absolutely essential to add payslips to my substantiate my manager's letter.

If it matters, I am the primary applicant and my husband & I will be filing together.

Thanks in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know what the person who said that you "need to include our first and last payslips to substantiate this letter" smokes but I would love to try it out.

Just include the last few pay stubs that you have and that should be sufficient. I only included the pay stubs of the last couple months of my employment and that was more than enough.

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
I dont know what the person who said that you "need to include our first and last payslips to substantiate this letter" smokes but I would love to try it out.

Just include the last few pay stubs that you have and that should be sufficient. I only included the pay stubs of the last couple months of my employment and that was more than enough.
Lol! Thanks a ton!

There just seems to be so much misinformation out there that sifting through them is harder than filing the application.

Reactions: Roshan

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Lol! Thanks a ton!

There just seems to be so much misinformation out there that sifting through them is harder than filing the application.
Yes, there's lots of vague information, and sometimes outright incorrect information. However, always follow the CIC documentation above all else, and spend time on these forums - you'll see that there are a few people who are generally very reliable. @legalfalcon, @DelPiero07, @scylla for example.

And finally - you are responsible for your own application. Forum advice is useful as a guideline, but only you know the details of your case, and if there's something that makes sense to you (and falls within the guidelines provided by CIC), you should do that. Or if you have a really complicated case, go find a good immigration lawyer (NOT a consultant).

The process is quite straightforward and easy though - much more so that the US green card process which I've also been through. That's where you really need a lawyer.

Good luck!

Reactions: Roshan