+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding date when I first became qualified to practice in this occupation? NOC 1111

abbasi123

Sep 4, 2017
Hi all,
Sorry for the long post.
I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the following:

What should I write on the section which specifies 'Date I first became qualified to practice in this occupation?'
My NOC is 1111 - Financial Auditor
Qualification ACCA: Exams completed in 2014, Membership claimed in 2017 (Assessed by WES as 4 years bachelor degree)
Bachelor: Completed in 2014, degree awarded in 2014 (Assessed by WES as 4 years bachelor degree)

My NOC specifies the following qualification:
Chartered accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training
and
Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).

Q1- Should I write the date of qualification as per my ACCA? In this case, should I specify the membership date or exam completion date?

Q2- Or should I specify the date as per my Bachelor degree?

Q3- Does the qualification date affect my experience? Part of my experience is gained before any of the above qualifications, however, I have another Bachelor and a Master degree prior to gaining any experience but I have not got that assessed from WES and these degrees will not be used for immigration purpose.

Appreciate your support.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,
Sorry for the long post.
I am creating my express entry profile and have a question regarding the following:

What should I write on the section which specifies 'Date I first became qualified to practice in this occupation?'
My NOC is 1111 - Financial Auditor
Qualification ACCA: Exams completed in 2014, Membership claimed in 2017 (Assessed by WES as 4 years bachelor degree)
Bachelor: Completed in 2014, degree awarded in 2014 (Assessed by WES as 4 years bachelor degree)

My NOC specifies the following qualification:
Chartered accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training
and
Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).

Q1- Should I write the date of qualification as per my ACCA? In this case, should I specify the membership date or exam completion date?

Q2- Or should I specify the date as per my Bachelor degree?

Q3- Does the qualification date affect my experience? Part of my experience is gained before any of the above qualifications, however, I have another Bachelor and a Master degree prior to gaining any experience but I have not got that assessed from WES and these degrees will not be used for immigration purpose.

Appreciate your support.
1) acca
2) no
3) qualification date does not affect experience. only dates on experience letter count.

Reactions: abbasi123