+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding CoPR

henilshaht

Jun 4, 2020
Just a quick question:

I am living in Canada on a work permit. I applied for PR on November 29, 2019. Today I directly received a letter from IRCC saying that "I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!"

This is the letter I received directly after my application. Is this the flow? I thought I will have to send my passport to get the CoPR. Is this expected? Positively surprised with this.

deepthi0892

May 28, 2020
saw this happen to a few other folks in this forum - looks like they're skipping landing and they'll potentially ask you to mail in the letter + photos for PR card if they haven't already mentioned next steps.

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Just a quick question:

I am living in Canada on a work permit. I applied for PR on November 29, 2019. Today I directly received a letter from IRCC saying that "I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!"

This is the letter I received directly after my application. Is this the flow? I thought I will have to send my passport to get the CoPR. Is this expected? Positively surprised with this.
I got the same! But I got it in an email. It has the copr number on it though, so do we need to send the photos as well as a print out of this letter?

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
saw this happen to a few other folks in this forum - looks like they're skipping landing and they'll potentially ask you to mail in the letter + photos for PR card if they haven't already mentioned next steps.
The emailed letter says to send a copy of this letter with the photos. There's no other steps after. I got this via my ircc account though and not sure if they'll be mailing a hard copy or not. Should I just mail a printout of this letter (as requested) with the photos?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Just a quick question:

That was you landing, due to the pandemic they are skipping the step for the landing and granting the PR without this step.

You should receive some instructions on what to do next to submit the pictures and return the temporary permits, etc.

rjoy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
That was you landing, due to the pandemic they are skipping the step for the landing and granting the PR without this step.

You should receive some instructions on what to do next to submit the pictures and return the temporary permits, etc.
Oh thanks! So after submitting the photos I assume I just have to wait for the pr card to be mailed to me? I'm in Canada already, but my temp visa expires in 2 weeks, would this be a problem do you think?
Also I'm assuming they aren't creating PR cards at the moment?

henilshaht

Jun 4, 2020
Oh thanks! So after submitting the photos I assume I just have to wait for the pr card to be mailed to me? I'm in Canada already, but my temp visa expires in 2 weeks, would this be a problem do you think?
Yes, you are right. Current processing time to get the new PR cards is 113 days. check here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But you are a PR from the time you received this CoPR letter. So you don't need to worry. My work is also expiring 2 months.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You are a PR already so you shouldn't worry about anything.

I am assuming you already have your COPR? You will need this to get your new SIN, however there is no rush since tax season is already over.

They are but it will for sure take several months before you get it. However, this is not as bad because your PR card's expiration date will probably be a few months passed the date when you became a PR giving you a few additional months of PR status.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
I am on work closed permit. Recently my work permit was extend for additional 2 years by my employer.
My PR application is in progress - I am yet to receive COPR. I am hoping it will be in 1-2 months from now (Timeline shows 71% complete)
My TRV visa is expired (I do have updated SIN and work permit. I am in Canada)

Do I need to apply TRV visa OR just wait for COPR and get PR VISA directly?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Just a quick question:

congratulation, it is part of the process
you have to wait for your passport request and the CORP
be patient, almost done

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am on work closed permit. Recently my work permit was extend for additional 2 years by my employer.
My PR application is in progress - I am yet to receive COPR. I am hoping it will be in 1-2 months from now (Timeline shows 71% complete)
My TRV visa is expired (I do have updated SIN and work permit. I am in Canada)

Do I need to apply TRV visa OR just wait for COPR and get PR VISA directly?
did you receive your passport request?
or
did you receive your CORP?
when you send your passport, then you will receive your CORP and new Visa (one entry immigrant visa), if you are a visa waiver, you will receive just your CORP.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
did you receive your passport request?
or
did you receive your CORP?
when you send your passport, then you will receive your CORP and new Visa (one entry immigrant visa), if you are a visa waiver, you will receive just your CORP.
No, I have not received passport request.
I have not received COPR yet.

So what is your opinion - do i need to apply for TRV?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
No, I have not received passport request.
I have not received COPR yet.

So what is your opinion - do i need to apply for TRV?
you don't need to apply for TVR. you have to wait. at least if you need to travel before.
when you send your passport for the final request to become permanent resident, you will receive back your CORP and your passport with a Counterfoil (TVR) on it for traveling.