+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query Regarding Bio-Metrics

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Seniors,

I have queries regarding application for my mother's Canadian visa. We need to make a decision whether I should apply for a REGULAR VISITOR VISA OR SUPER VISA for her based or validity of her biometrics.

Facts of the case are:
-She had a Canadian visitor visa and has visited once last year .Now her passport has expired and so has her Canadian visitor visa,
-She has a new passport now, which is valid from May 2024 - May 2034.
-The letter which she got while applying for her initial visitor visa mentions that the biometrics are valid till March 2029.

QUERIES are:
-If we apply for a REGULAR VISITOR VISA then will it be granted till March 2029 (i.e. till biometrics are valid)? And after March 2029 (expiry of biometrics), do we have to again have to apply for visitor visa by following the regular process of documentations and biometrics again? OR just apply for biometrics?
OR
-Is it allowed to apply for new biometrics right now ? so that when we apply for the visitor visa then its validity could be as long as possible , till the biometrics expire.

Alternatively, if we apply for a SUPER VISA then do we have to compulsorily apply with the present biometrics (valid till March 2029 ) and hence expect a Super Visa of not more that March 2029
OR
-Is it allowed to apply for new biometrics right now ? so that when we apply for the SUPER VISA then its validity could be as long as possible, till the biometrics expire.

Regards
JSPCAN