+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding applying to PR for me and my wife while wife's Spouse open work permit is applied

Knowledgeseeker01

Jan 25, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am currently working in Canada on PGWP and i am eligible to apply for PR under the CEC. I got married recently (Dec-2018) and my wife lives in India.
I have applied for my wife's spouse open work permit.
My question is, can i apply for PR for both me and my wife together, with me being the primary applicant and my wife as a dependent, while my wife's spouse open work permit application is already submitted and is yet to be approved?
FYI, I currently live in Canada and my wife in India.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sandy135

Sep 18, 2019
Hi Guys,
I am currently working in Canada on PGWP and i am eligible to apply for PR under the CEC. I got married recently (Dec-2018) and my wife lives in India.
I have applied for my wife's spouse open work permit.
My question is, can i apply for PR for both me and my wife together, with me being the primary applicant and my wife as a dependent, while my wife's spouse open work permit application is already submitted and is yet to be approved?
FYI, I currently live in Canada and my wife in India.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello,

As it's been a year for you since you posted this and hope you have completed processing. I am in the similar situation right now. I would need your suggestion for the following situation.
I have submitted a paper application for spouse open work permit along with the original passport for my wife as of 11th Feb 2020 from India. Last update, I had on 28th Feb that medical is passed and the application still in progress. I do not have any update afterward.

I am in Canada on PGWP. I received ITA on 16th April under CEC class and I am accompanying her as well. I can't complete her PCC and medical without a passport. How did you submit PCC and medical for your wife?

What are my options now?
  • Should I withdraw the spouse open work permit application, or should I wait for the final decision?
  • Can I submit a PR application without her PCC and old medical which is valid until Sep'20 along with LOE?
  • Is it okay to have both applications at the same time?
Your response would be highly appreciated.