+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding allowing PR to patients with cancer history

manuborn11

Jul 7, 2018
Hi,
Need to know when can a person apply for Canada PR (along with family) who has a history of cancer. Myself had soft tissue sarcoma in left thigh and got operated in Jan 2017. By August'17 i had completed all forms of treatment and now under quarterly review

What are the chances of my PR application getting accepted and will there be any terms and conditions prior to the acceptance or for acceptance.

Kindly help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really hard to say. Would depend on the probability of recurrence in that form of cancer. You have very little time in remission. Would think your chances would go up after the 5 year cancer free mark for sure but maybe after the 2 year mark.

manuborn11

Jul 7, 2018
I did asked the doctor of 2 year mark, for which he said it starts from the date of surgery when the affected area was removed, Post surgery rest treatment was just part of the entire procedure.
Will the consultants be of any help in this case so as to get the details from the embassy.

FYI, i'm 1981 born and have 2 kids 6 and 2. Thats' why was planning To initiate early next year

Kindly suggest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The issue will be with the panel physician. Nothing a consultant or the embassy can do. You need to try and provide as much information to prove that your form of sarcoma is unlikely to reoccur. Prognosis and treatment information from your oncologist will also be important. Your children are young so a year or two will not make a huge difference in terms of their adjustment.

manuborn11

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for the info. Will definitely consult my doctor again during my next review, especially on the re-occurrence percentage for this type of cancer. I had planned in 2016 and was ready with all documents but ion Jan1, 2017 i was diagnosed with the cancer so all plans went on back burner.

In mean time what all research should i do for easy settlement. Also any sites which can help me in getting details of skills sets required for better jib opportunities.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would look at cost of living in various cities and availability of jobs based on your field. Best of luck and continued good health.

manuborn11

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks buddy. Will search. My field is telecommunications which is in very bad shape in India currently with companies getting closed resulting in job loss. Job search here is on.