+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query reading PCC

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hope you guys are doing well.

I have a question regarding PCC. My address on my passport when issued was different as I lived there when it was issued but currently we have moved to a different location. So my residential address is the one where my family is staying. My PCC was sent via Purolator and currently the status says “Returned” due to incorrect 'place of issue of passport'. I had also provided a cover letter and address proof for the change in address in my application.

Anybody had this issue where your address did not match because you are no longer living there?

Any help/advice is highly appreciated

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This sounds like it's a problem with the country who is issuing you the police clearance certificate. Since you have not provided any details about where you're trying to get a police clearance certificate, it's really impossible to say what happened.

I could tell you about China's approach to police clearance certificates when you do not live in the same local area served by your police station, but that may not be of assistance.

Josh13215

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
This sounds like it's a problem with the country who is issuing you the police clearance certificate. Since you have not provided any details about where you're trying to get a police clearance certificate, it's really impossible to say what happened.

I could tell you about China's approach to police clearance certificates when you do not live in the same local area served by your police station, but that may not be of assistance.
Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention the country, It's India. Sorry about that. Tried to contact our local police station but no luck.