+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query - Physical Presence Calculator (absence entry)

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I have a query for Physical Present Calculator's absence section.

My scenario -
I was out of Canada from 2017-11-25 to 2019-02-27. I stayed in India and did some travels from India to few countries during that time period.

I have below questions –
  • Should I list my Indian address during this time period since cic says not to list any hotels or friend’s address if you are on vacation?

• For the calculator, it says If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field. So should I just list India from 2017-11-25 to 2019-02-27 and list all other details of my trips (destination, dates, etc) in the “reason’ field? In that case, there will only be 1 entry and all the details in the ‘Reason’ field? For Example,
From - 11/2017 - 02/2019 - India

Reason - Travelling
From Date - To Date - Country 1
From Date - To Date - Country 2
From Date - To Date - Country 3 ,etc
  • I did not spend 183 days in a row in India. But since I am putting Indian address for all my absence, I will also attach a PCC in this case. I will also mention all these in my LOE. Please share your feedback for this.
Any helps or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a query for Physical Present Calculator's absence section.

My scenario -
I was out of Canada from 2017-11-25 to 2019-02-27. I stayed in India and did some travels from India to few countries during that time period.

I have below questions –
  • Should I list my Indian address during this time period since cic says not to list any hotels or friend’s address if you are on vacation?
Yes. Because this absence was LONG, your primary residence would have been in India and not in Canada, IMO (I'm assuming you didn't maintain an address in Canada). Provide your residential address in India.
  • For the calculator, it says If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field. So should I just list India from 2017-11-25 to 2019-02-27 and list all other details of my trips (destination, dates, etc) in the “reason’ field? In that case, there will only be 1 entry and all the details in the ‘Reason’ field? For Example,
From - 11/2017 - 02/2019 - India

Reason - Travelling
From Date - To Date - Country 1
From Date - To Date - Country 2
From Date - To Date - Country 3 ,etc

From what I understand, IRCC is expecting something like this :

From
To
Destination
Reason
# Days
2017-11-XX
2019-02-XX
India
Traveling | Travelled to Country 1, Country 2, Country 3 ....
450 days

• I did not spend 183 days in a row in India. But since I am putting Indian address for all my absence, I will also attach a PCC in this case. I will also mention all these in my LOE. Please share your feedback for this.

Yes, in this case, I would strongly recommend that you provide a PCC for India as you have stayed there for the majority of the time during your absence.

Any helps or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers!

Reactions: kimi_pat