+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on requirement of Marriage Certificate.

deepakf1

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and needed some help. I have already applied for EE with a CRS score of 459 and intend to immigrate with my wife and my 1 year old daughter.

I was reading somewhere that we would need a marriage certificate post the ITA is received as part of the document set, however, I do not have the same and the time taken to get this is ranging is around a month. However, I already have my passport with my spouse name added and my daughters passport with both parents names. My wife's passport does not have my name added as yet.

Will the passport work as the relationship proof or do i specifically need a marriage certificate. Considering that there would already be enough on my plate to arrange POF doc, PCC, Medical , Reference letter etc., do not want to add another one to the list.

Please suggest basis your experience.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
deepakf1 said:
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and needed some help. I have already applied for EE with a CRS score of 459 and intend to immigrate with my wife and my 1 year old daughter.

I was reading somewhere that we would need a marriage certificate post the ITA is received as part of the document set, however, I do not have the same and the time taken to get this is ranging is around a month. However, I already have my passport with my spouse name added and my daughters passport with both parents names. My wife's passport does not have my name added as yet.

Will the passport work as the relationship proof or do i specifically need a marriage certificate. Considering that there would already be enough on my plate to arrange POF doc, PCC, Medical , Reference letter etc., do not want to add another one to the list.

Please suggest basis your experience.
You need a marriage certificate (not from a religious institution) to prove your marriage since you are including your wife in the application.

deepakf1

Mar 21, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I read an older post on the forum which said that the passport would also work.

Anyone has any experience on using passport as an alternate document?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
deepakf1 said:
Thank you for the reply. I read an older post on the forum which said that the passport would also work.

Anyone has any experience on using passport as an alternate document?
Marriage Certificate is obligatory.