CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Experts,

I also got request for "Police Certificate: A certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints." today . Initially I was shocked why they asked this . but after reading threads i believe it is common
I have below Question (Appreciate if some one can guide me )

1) Do This certificate required only for Principal applicant or for Dependent also (including child)?
2) In CIC Website it is written I can get Police certificate by two method ( accredited companies or by police services).Which one is fast and what is basic difference?
3) Agency/ police department send police certificate directly to CIC ? or I need to send it ?
4) DO I will also receive any mail/hard copy for my reference from this agency/ police department ?
5) If Point 3 answer is Yes (Agency/ police department send police certificate directly to CIC) Then after I complete my RCMP criminal record check , Should I reply to the mail received by CIC (ex: saying I did blah blah and soon you will receive this form agency /police department) Or should I need to write paper mail to CIC ? Is it required ?
6) Is there any form on CIC which i need to fill before going to nay on agency ?
7) Last but not least can some one suggest me any agency name in North york, Toronto area?

Please clear my doubts

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

Don't worry that it says "citizenship," the info is still valid.

If you want "fast," you need to go for digital fingerprinting, which is done through an agency.

The benefit of having the results sent to you are that (a) you can see them, and (b) you can send them to CIC by Fedex or other service that has delivery confirmation. (Otherwise you will just wonder,"Did CIC get them?")

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
jes_ON said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

Don't worry that it says "citizenship," the info is still valid.

If you want "fast," you need to go for digital fingerprinting, which is done through an agency.

The benefit of having the results sent to you are that (a) you can see them, and (b) you can send them to CIC by Fedex or other service that has delivery confirmation. (Otherwise you will just wonder,"Did CIC get them?")
Thanks So much :) ,
One more Question
Whether I need to do this for my Spouse and child also or just for me ?