+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Landing

gogates

Sep 20, 2010
I got my PR stamped in november and I am planning to do landing in the first week of april. Have got a few queries.

1) For POF - We are 3.. I am planning to carry around 7-8000 CAD and rest Bank statements. Is that fine?

2) In the list of items, which get shipped later. Is there any time limit in which the items need to reach canada? or they can be brought after say 1-2 years also. Also Can I bring the items in batches or everything in the list needs to arrive simultaneously.

Apprecaite any info on this. Thanks..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gogates said:
I got my PR stamped in november and I am planning to do landing in the first week of april. Have got a few queries.

1) For POF - We are 3.. I am planning to carry around 7-8000 CAD and rest Bank statements. Is that fine?

2) In the list of items, which get shipped later. Is there any time limit in which the items need to reach canada? or they can be brought after say 1-2 years also. Also Can I bring the items in batches or everything in the list needs to arrive simultaneously.

Apprecaite any info on this. Thanks..
1.Disclosure of funds

If you arrive in Canada with more than C$10,000, you must tell this to the CBSA officer. These funds could be in the form of:

cash,securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills,

or

bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders.

If you only have bank statement, it is up to the officer who attend you to complete your landing formalities at the arriving airport. I can't say what he would say. But I am sure they will allow you to land.

2.There is no time limit on importing, free of duties and taxes, items that are on your Goods To Follow list.
As long as the items are listed on your Goods To Follow list, you can import them to Canada, free of duties and taxes, one or two years later.

You can import the goods into Canada in a single subsequent shipment or in multiple subsequent shipments spread out over time. But you should keep sufficient copies of stamped B4 forms with you.