+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query On ITA received under Canadian Experience Class

mcherry

Apr 18, 2020
Hi Experts,
Need suggestion.

I have more than one year of Canadian working experience in IT and my express entry profile is created during 2019 December, which includes Job offer validity for more than 14 months then.

However, my profile was recently selected in pool under the Canadian express class with the same score that I got, while I created my profile in December 2019. Since, its almost 6 months since I created my profile , my job offer validity is less than a year at the moment.

I might get the revised Job offer with the same employer valid for more than a year after 6 months for now.

Please suggest if I can go ahead and accept the ITA providing above reason in my LOE. Thank you.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Just my two cents, based on the link above, your job offer must explicitly say that offer is valid for at least a year after you get your PR. You can search in this forum, this has been discussed multiple times (check for recent ones though, like 2019 onwards). Some of them got their 50 points removed during eligibility check (and falling below the minimum score for the round of invitation they got invited in thus getting their PR application rejected) because the offer didn’t say “valid for at least a year after getting PR”.

Reactions: mcherry

mcherry

Apr 18, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Just my two cents, based on the link above, your job offer must explicitly say that offer is valid for at least a year after you get your PR. You can search in this forum, this has been discussed multiple times (check for recent ones though, like 2019 onwards). Some of them got their 50 points removed during eligibility check (and falling below the minimum score for the round of invitation they got invited in thus getting their PR application rejected) because the offer didn’t say “valid for at least a year after getting PR”.
Thank you.

mcherry

Apr 18, 2020

In continuation to the above question, does it work if I mention in my LOE that my work permit extension is planned and there by will get a revised job offer letter from the same employer in the near future ?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
In continuation to the above question, does it work if I mention in my LOE that my work permit extension is planned and there by will get a revised job offer letter from the same employer in the near future ?
I have not seen this scenario. I don’t think it will fly cause all of your documents should be complete at the time of application submission, but this is just my take. Wait for others to comment.

Reactions: mcherry

mcherry

Apr 18, 2020
I have not seen this scenario. I don’t think it will fly cause all of your documents should be complete at the time of application submission, but this is just my take. Wait for others to comment.
Sure Thank you for your inputs. Let me wait for others to comment on my situation.

Sagar95

Nov 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

I got my ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I still have a chance to review and make final adjustments in the profile. So i started working as a Computer Repair Technician (NOC 2242) on Feb 2019 worked for a whole year but got temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 (shortage of business) on March 22nd 2020 and was told by the employer that i will be called back to work once the business gets back to normal. I have completed my 1 year experience with the above position.

Now my question is, under the "Work History" tab in the express entry profile, there is a question "Are you currently working in Canada?" (I m on CERB and currently not working.) So should i answer it as "No"?. If I answer it as "NO", then i dont get the option to answer the 4 following questions. Or should i answer it as "YES" because i m not fired but just temporarily laid off and technically still have the job.

I m a newbie and will appreciate any of your help.

Thanks.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Well in my case I have work permit expiring on October 30 but I got extension for year and i got letter stating extension till October 2021- I have filed that so it gives me 18 months of job offer as on date

IPereira

Apr 19, 2020
Am i going in the right direction?

Hello All, I got an ITA for 16 April Draw. I have 2 questions to ask.
I have answered accordingly for these questions since my Student(F1 Visa) was rejected for USA in 2016.

Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Yes

Reason:
F1 Visa was rejected in 2016

Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Yes

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Experts,
Need suggestion.

I have more than one year of Canadian working experience in IT and my express entry profile is created during 2019 December, which includes Job offer validity for more than 14 months then.

However, my profile was recently selected in pool under the Canadian express class with the same score that I got, while I created my profile in December 2019. Since, its almost 6 months since I created my profile , my job offer validity is less than a year at the moment.

I might get the revised Job offer with the same employer valid for more than a year after 6 months for now.

Please suggest if I can go ahead and accept the ITA providing above reason in my LOE. Thank you.
No, unless you get a letter stating explicitly that you have a job offer (with the same or a different employer) for at least 1 year after your PR application is approved you can claim 50 points.

A contract position or even a permanent position does not satisfy this, it has to be stated explicitly.

You can apply for sure, and if you are really lucky you might be able to get through the cracks. If you depend on these 50 points to be above the CRS cut-off for your round of invitations your application will almost certainly be refused.

This is a pretty hard requirement to meet, that is why it's worth so much and that is why very few people can actually claim those points.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Well in my case I have work permit expiring on October 30 but I got extension for year and i got letter stating extension till October 2021- I have filed that so it gives me 18 months of job offer as on date
This will not give you the 50 points either.

PR applications can take even over 1 year to be processed. You'll most likely see your application refused because of this.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for note, my colleague got it approved, he had 16 months left when he applied-

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015

Hi Guys
I have a confusion in filling personal activities questionnaire section
I started working in canada in 2017 and I went to india for vacation of one month in December 2018. So what we have to select when we take vacation even if we are employed, do we just put the trips in the Travel History sections? and ignore that activity in personal activities section

abhijeet8685

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hey Guys,

I got my ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I still have a chance to review and make final adjustments in the profile. So i started working as a Computer Repair Technician (NOC 2242) on Feb 2019 worked for a whole year but got temporarily laid off due to COVID-19 (shortage of business) on March 22nd 2020 and was told by the employer that i will be called back to work once the business gets back to normal. I have completed my 1 year experience with the above position.

Now my question is, under the "Work History" tab in the express entry profile, there is a question "Are you currently working in Canada?" (I m on CERB and currently not working.) So should i answer it as "No"?. If I answer it as "NO", then i dont get the option to answer the 4 following questions. Or should i answer it as "YES" because i m not fired but just temporarily laid off and technically still have the job.

I m a newbie and will appreciate any of your help.

Thanks.

Hi,

Its the same case with me and I spoke to one of the agents from CIC today and she said we can show our experience as continuous as long as its a temporary layoff and you are sure that you will return to work even while you are availing CERB benefits.

I suggest that you too should call them once and get the answers that you need so that you are sure about yourself.

Vicky9780

Apr 21, 2020
I have a question regarding my canadian work experience. So i started working with canadian company (headquarters:US) as an helpdesk analyst in 2018 at their physical location but due to some reason building was shutdown on jan 2019 and since then i have been working from home for same employer and providing helpdesk support to clients over phone and emails and i have all paystubs and t4s to prove the employement. Now the letter of employment i got from my employer has PO box address not physical address. Do i need to attach letter of explanation? Please suggest