+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Education requirement...

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I am working in Canada on work permit as interactive media developer (NOC code 2174).

As I have completed 1 year in Canada, I plan to apply PR under CEC program. I want to use the same NOC code.

But my education is Bachelor of commerce. I got a break as a software programmer because of CDAC(6 months diploma) and certification that I did after my graduation. I have total 10 years of experience as a software developer.

Employment requirements for NOC code 2174 states that

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

Not sure if this would be right NOC code for me? Please advice.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kyogesh said:
I am working in Canada on work permit as interactive media developer (NOC code 2174).

As I have completed 1 year in Canada, I plan to apply PR under CEC program. I want to use the same NOC code.

But my education is Bachelor of commerce. I got a break as a software programmer because of CDAC(6 months diploma) and certification that I did after my graduation. I have total 10 years of experience as a software developer.

Employment requirements for NOC code 2174 states that

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

Not sure if this would be right NOC code for me? Please advice.
Don't worry about that, you'll be fine. There's no educational requirement under the CEC. You don't even
have to submit documents to proof your education. Check the document checklist and see what the required
documentation includes.
VOs are advised to disregard the education section on the HRSDC website.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
bforrester21 said:
Question.

The passport request. Does everyone receive this or only people from certain countries?
Only citizens from non-visa exempt countries receive the PPR.