+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query in submitting my passport for the visa stamping - application for PR

notw1214

Aug 29, 2016
Yeah, I am in the same situation. My spouse received an email saying that he needs to submit his passport to New Delhi and within 30 day. When he asked VFS Dubai about submitting his passport there, they said they would send it to Abu Dhabi, so he wasn't sure whether he should submit it there. Anyways, he submitted his passport today. When I emailed VFS Dubai, here is what they said:
With reference to your email, kindly note the letter you have received specifies to Contact VFS in India or in Nepal and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services for sending your passport to New Delhi.
As your spouse has contacted VFS Dubai, the passport will be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi for processing. VFS Dubai will not send the passport to Delhi. However it is fine to submit the passport at VFS Dubai for processing.

So I hope everything works out. Do I need to change my visa office?

notw1214

Aug 29, 2016
notw1214 said:
Yeah, I am in the same situation. My spouse received an email saying that he needs to submit his passport to New Delhi and within 30 day. When he asked VFS Dubai about submitting his passport there, they said they would send it to Abu Dhabi, so he wasn't sure whether he should submit it there. Anyways, he submitted his passport today. When I emailed VFS Dubai, here is what they said:
With reference to your email, kindly note the letter you have received specifies to Contact VFS in India or in Nepal and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services for sending your passport to New Delhi.
As your spouse has contacted VFS Dubai, the passport will be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi for processing. VFS Dubai will not send the passport to Delhi. However it is fine to submit the passport at VFS Dubai for processing.

So I hope everything works out. Do I need to change my visa office?
Yeah, everything worked out. My spouse sent his passport to the Dubai VFS. He received his passport back with the visa placed inside! :)

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
This email is in continuation of previous inquiry relating to your kind support in changing my VAC for passport submission from Abu Dhabi to Islamabad as i just traveled on 24th May from UAE to Pakistan and letter of PPR received on 30th May (sorry for inconvenience as i had plan to go back UAE after spending sometime with family/parents and having up-coming EID festival together, but meanwhile got PPR)

However, further i noticed in the PPR letter there are no instructions for my dependents (03 members) who were already shifted back Pakistan long time back and brought it into your kind notice through emails and CSE.

As per received PPR letter, passports are to be submitted to Abu Dhabi which i assume that it is applicable for all the 04 applicants.

I (PA) can travel back Abu Dhabi in a day or two carrying my passport and which can be further submitted to Canada embassy,

But

Pls advise for rest of the 03 applicants, can they submit their documents in Islamabad, Pakistan. As i am facing following constraints

1) Aramex or any other courier service is not accepting passports to be couriered out of Pakistan as it is illegal as per law.
2) If i travel UAE, I can have my own passport only, i am also not allowed to carry passports of my family to UAE as i checked with concerned authority.

3) Right now due to some domestic and economic issues it won't be feasible for me to travel whole family UAE.

So, could you please give us option to submit all the passports to Islamabad, Pakistan. Else, if its not feasible at your side, we are ready to travel (all applicants) UAE for the same purpose.

Zkf

Jun 19, 2017
Hi
I have the same case as many of the above. I received a passport request letter from new Delhi visa office , as I live in Dubai . I contacted and submitted my passport to vfs Dubai. They said it can be processed in Abu Dhabi visa office. I have travel plans in a few days. Can you inform me how many days it took to get your passport back with visa? Also do you only get passport with visa back or also get a copr?
Thanks

yfasare

Aug 2, 2017
Hi can I get any help

We were asked to submit our passports, my husband is the Principal applicant. I have receive my passport with the visa but my husband who is the Principal Applicant has not receive his passport for 2 weeks now,,,,what can we do

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Dear Friends,

I got Request for Passport submission to NDVO but i am currently residing in Sharjah. Can i submit my passport for stamping in Abudhabi embassy? I emailed Immigration office but no reply. What can i do?
Please help me. I am available on whatsapp +971561046340

Sai
hi, i have the same issue. did u get ur passport stamped from Abu Dhabi visa office?? and do we need to take any approval prior to that??

tabish87

Jun 2, 2017
Hi i had the same issue because when i had submitted my application i was a Dubai resident but when i got the passport request email i had moved to Sydney. the email said to submit passport to Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Oman (visa office). I emailed Canadian Embassy UAE on April 8 2018 updating my address and also raised CSE (no response yet on both).

I went to Sydney visa office with all the documents and they accepted and are now processing my application. Now waiting to get my passport back with the stamp.

jrdes2001

Nov 27, 2018
after submitting my passport to VFS Abudhabi how long it will take for VFS to process (Visa Stamping)??? thank you

Dhvani11

Mar 6, 2019
Hi,
I have a query. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the secondary applicant. Our copr expired in June as we could not travel to Canada due to a covid situation. However, our consultant is based in Dubai and my husband is in Dubai and I am currently in India. Today our consultant got an email that we are required to submit our passport within 30 days to get stamped with a new visa. I was planning to courier my passport to Dubai and my husband submits it and gets stamped, once he receives it back, he couriers back to India and then I travel to Dubai and we together travel to Canada. Any suggestions, as we don't have our house in Dubai now and my husband lives in sharing with bachelors in Dubai, so instead of wasting money by staying in hotel apartment for a month, is it a better option to courier my passport? Any suggestions. please reply

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Kurian,

Thank you so much for your fast reply !

My medical test has been finished, and I am waiting to get passport request.
I will surely let you know when it is done. One more quick question please:

Was it stamped from Abudhabi or did they send it to Delhi?

All the best to you too !
Hi I am in the same situation. Can I submit my daughter's passport for stamping on behalf of her? So confused now. Please guys your advice and experiences will be really appreciated