+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query in statutory question.

Burzae

Oct 11, 2017
Good day everyone. I got an ITA on Oct 18..I have been filling the online form and there is a space they asked if one has been refused visa or permit into Canada or any other country in the past.My wife was denied UK student visa in 2007 due to the blurring of picture on her Secondary school certificate.My dilemma is this,if I pick yes,they might ask us to provide letter of reason for refusal which we can't lay our hands on.If I say no and they eventually find out,they might count it as misinterpretation. I am confused on what to do. I want to play safe.what can I do in this kind of situation? Do they actually verify this kind of information if If I say no.Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don't ask for any proof of your refusal, they simply ask for you to state the reason.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Good day everyone. I got an ITA on Oct 18..I have been filling the online form and there is a space they asked if one has been refused visa or permit into Canada or any other country in the past.My wife was denied UK student visa in 2007 due to the blurring of picture on her Secondary school certificate.My dilemma is this,if I pick yes,they might ask us to provide letter of reason for refusal which we can't lay our hands on.If I say no and they eventually find out,they might count it as misinterpretation. I am confused on what to do. I want to play safe.what can I do in this kind of situation? Do they actually verify this kind of information if If I say no.Thanks
Never say 'no' if the answer is 'yes'. :) If you can't provide documentation, you can't provide documentation (and as DelPiero said, you shouldn't have to provide any documentation). But always be completely and 100% honest about everything on your application.