+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: I have an Open Work Permit but I received TRV showing visa type as a Visitor visa.

Umairkh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I applied inside canada but i had to leave due to death in family and i got my visa stamped from Pakistan.

imv1899

Oct 19, 2018
Delhi
I applied inside canada but i had to leave due to death in family and i got my visa stamped from Pakistan.
The stamped visa will you have your UCI number. They should be able to pull all your details when you arrive in Canada. Just keep the work permit document with you during your travel. Also, raise a webform request on IRCC's website.

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
Is the validity beyond that of the PGWP ?

Don't worry. This is a good thing. Even after your PGWP expires, you can always come back as a visitor. Of course the border officer will determine entry. But you basically have a visit visa. PGWP lets you work. TRV lets you sit on the plane and present yourself to the officer.

Can you please confirm if the validity is beyond the PGWP ? Otherwise there's no advantage.

I think they are promoting tourism. lol. Canada needs money.
Yes my visitor visa has around 6 months more validity than my PGWP.

Sep 24, 2021
Hey Guys.

me and one of my friends have the same issue. Our visa is stamped as V1 Visitor rather than W1 Worker.
Did you guys got any reply from IRCC regarding the webform's you raised?

I think this is something new that has been done by IRCC for applications approved since August(Please correct me if I am wrong)

Your reply's would really be appreciated.

Lucymax

Jul 10, 2018
I have the same issue. I have my PGWP( expires on 2024) and passport with V1 category(multiple entry) which expires on 2028.
Many people, after March 2021 are getting V1 only.

Can I go back home and come back without any problems?

Reactions: Cari Mila

Pandiya

Oct 5, 2021
Hi everyone, even I got the same V-1 instead of W-1. My only question is, will I be able to travel back to my country and re-enter to Canada? any updates from IRCC