+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query - How to obtain additional feedback on visa rejection.

lsavageca

Feb 15, 2018
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is anyway to contest or request additional information on a visa rejection?

I recently applied for an open work permit to join my partner who is due to be going to Canada on an IEC.
My rejection was rejected for two reasons.
1) My partner doesn't have a confirmed job offer. Even though during the application process it only states they only need to be eligible to be working there.
Maybe this was just me mis-reading during the application but any clarification would be awesome.
2) Not enough evidence of a relationship. Despite providing 12 consecutive months of accommodation and travel receipts, multiple joint bills, details of our joint bank account and a common-law relationship declaration.
I've heard Canada Immigration really don't provide any kind of help around this which is unfortunate but I'm confused as to what else I need to provide. Do I just need to provide hundreds of photos and lots of other stuff they haven't asked for or is there any way I can find out if there was a problem with the materials I previously provided?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and hints.
Luke

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You were correctly refused based on the first point. This alone was enough to get your application refused.

Your partner needs to be already in Canada and working in a NOC A, B or 0 occupation for you to qualify for an open work permit. As part of the application, you have to submit evidence that your partner has a job that meet these requirements including a letter from the employer confirming job title and duties - as well as at least three payslips.

If you address the first point - I suspect the second point may not be an issue in your reapplication.

lsavageca

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Scylla,

Thanks very much for a quick response. Okay, so that was just my mis-understanding the description, no worries, at least I know what is required now.

Thanks again,
Luke