+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query for Police Certificate

Sep 30, 2006
I am applying for PR status along with my wife from USA. I read couple of discussions here about obtaining police certificates. As per the rules of Buffalo consulate, I am going to provide police certificates from Federal, State and my native country during my submission of PR application. What I am wondering here is that police certificates are valid for only 6 months, and by the time I will be called for interview or medical( appro. more than 1 year), shall I be asked to provide new police certificates again during interview??? What's best to get & provide them now along with my application or to present the latest ones during my interview time????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

capri_sandiego said:
I am applying for PR status along with my wife from USA. I read couple of discussions here about obtaining police certificates. As per the rules of Buffalo consulate, I am going to provide police certificates from Federal, State and my native country during my submission of PR application. What I am wondering here is that police certificates are valid for only 6 months, and by the time I will be called for interview or medical( appro. more than 1 year), shall I be asked to provide new police certificates again during interview??? What's best to get & provide them now along with my application or to present the latest ones during my interview time????
You have to include them with your application, and they may ask for updated ones prior to visa issuance.

PMM

IFS Canada

Oct 1, 2006
As a rule Buffalo does not require state police clearances.....ONLY FBI.

Have your fingerprints done at International Fingerprinting Services canada...for a list of their locations go to policecheck.com

They specialize in immigration fingerprinting and will give you all of the informaton about what it costs, where to send it to and what to include with the prints.

Your foreign clearances will not generally expire during your application process unless there is a lengthy delay in it. The FBI response time is around 6-8 weeks.