+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query for multiple NOC for EE profile

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
hi everyone,
I received my ECA and on this, my first and surname is given but middle one is not mentioned.
would it cause any problem while applying for express entry.
Any reply would be highly appreciable.

panda0101

Jun 1, 2017
You can claim maximum 6 years of experience for FSW eligibility points and maximum 3 years experience for Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
You can have multiple jobs and NOCs no problem. So one of the jobs can be even 1 month long, still you can add it to claim combined experience points for fsw and crs. Being said that, You must have at least One Year Continuous Paid work experience in one of the work experiences. You must select NOC code of this particular work experience as your Primary NOC. In short you can claim as many work experiences as you want if you have minimum 1 year continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. In your case you cannot select noc 2173 as your primary noc but can claim points to make combine three years experience. You have to select NOC 2171 as your Primary NOC.

You only need One year Continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. Rest of the experiences can be any year from last ten years.
I am actually have similar situation happening now and when I search on google, I saw this post. Thank you so much for posting this. My application actually was already submitted by my agency in end of the April and today when I talked with her, she just knew I have also did Before and After care job during my teaching job last year. So here is thing, my background is I have two teaching jobs, one is sub teacher for public school board, one is weekend school, however, these two jobs in the past three years to add together was roughly two years as you know sub teachers won't get many hours, and weekend school time is limited, so it took long time to add together to almost two years. The reason I didn't tell her was because I thought I only need to give her relevant job experience and I didn't know this multiple NOCs rules, because in my mind that Before and After Care not counted as teacher job category. Now she wants me to give her reference letter from the Before and After Care because she want to make up it into my application. I am not sure if that worth to ask previous employer and give to her even it's not going to count in my job experience time in my application.

panda0101

Jun 1, 2017
Hello, I'm have studied MBA (Marketing) and B.Tech (IT) before that. Prior MBA I had 10 months of experience as Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and post MBA I have 2.2 years of experience as IT Consultant (NOC 2171). But while selecting work experience in CRS tool, it shows that experience should be from same occupation. I am not sure whether both of my profiles are in same occupation?

Also it says experience should be continuous, while I worked for 10 months, then did MBA and then worked for 26 months, will it be considered continuous?

Immigrants who had similar case please help me out, I need to submit my EE profile to pool ASAP.
Did you already get your pr card?

Inder977

Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone
I have one query. I have bachelors in pharmacy and i claimed ECA from professional body and got assessed my degree as professional degree. Is there any thing mandatory that i have to work in pharmacy field only as i got assessed my degree as professional degree?

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Did BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering and got into IT sector and have 9+ years of experience in IT NOC 2171 (atleast for 3.9 years).

Will this be a problem. Should Education match with the NOC code related or 9+ years of experience in IT will suffice?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

aMit1243

Dec 24, 2019
Hello,

I did Bachelors in Commerce Honors in 2009 and then for 2 years I worked with an Agricultural firm as a Product Placement officer which involved technical and data related work. Then, I worked in Citi Bank NA as a teller for 1 year. In August 2012, I started my post-graduate studies in Agriculture Economics and afterwards in August 2014, I worked as a Research Assistant at a premier management institute and assisted a professor for various projects. After working around 8 months as Research Assistant, I joined Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India in July 2015 as a Senior Technical Assistant which involves registration of cooperative societies and banks, analyzing their financial statements, court cases and other related matters. Its been more than 4 years that I am working here.

Now, while selecting work experience in CRS tool, it shows that experience should be from same occupation. I am not sure whether both of my profiles are in same occupation? Secondly, it says experience should be continuous, while I worked initially for 3 years and pursued my masters therein and again worked for 4+years post my masters studies, will it be considered continuous?

Immigrants who had similar case please help me out, I need to submit my EE profile to pool ASAP.

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
You can claim maximum 6 years of experience for FSW eligibility points and maximum 3 years experience for Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
You can have multiple jobs and NOCs no problem. So one of the jobs can be even 1 month long, still you can add it to claim combined experience points for fsw and crs. Being said that, You must have at least One Year Continuous Paid work experience in one of the work experiences. You must select NOC code of this particular work experience as your Primary NOC. In short you can claim as many work experiences as you want if you have minimum 1 year continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. In your case you cannot select noc 2173 as your primary noc but can claim points to make combine three years experience. You have to select NOC 2171 as your Primary NOC.

You only need One year Continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. Rest of the experiences can be any year from last ten years.
thanks a lot, I am in the same boat, with 7 months experience in the USA under on NOC code and 2 year and 4 months experience so far under another NOC code, so to confirm, i can claim a total 3 years foreign experience and Use the NOC code for 2.4 year as the primary NOC code?

Thank you so much!!

Shreya418

Nov 24, 2019
I am working as dentist
I have put it as my primary job for applying
Since dentists are not invited under pnp
Can i do some other job such as of ielts trainer . will i be able to apply under this profile in pnp also

HarishChugg

Apr 2, 2020
Guys need help.

I need to fill work experience in express entry.

I got 3 promotions, Asst. System Engineer -> IT Analyst -> Assistant Consultant, under same noc code in same company in a time span of 5 years with these three job titles.

My question is how many entries i need to fill in Express Entry. One with the latest job title, which is Assistant Consultant or 3 with each job title.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

eym_cancan

Aug 8, 2020
Guys need help.

I need to fill work experience in express entry.

I got 3 promotions, Asst. System Engineer -> IT Analyst -> Assistant Consultant, under same noc code in same company in a time span of 5 years with these three job titles.

My question is how many entries i need to fill in Express Entry. One with the latest job title, which is Assistant Consultant or 3 with each job title.

Please suggest me.

Thanks
Pls share what you did. thanks

SSGray

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hello,
Is anybody got points for certificate of qualification if they worked in another noc.
For instance, certificate of qualification in trades C noc 72 but work experience and current job are in noc B??

AishKrish

Nov 27, 2019
My husband is a BCOM graduate with CA inter qualification with 5 years of experience at auditors office and corporate. But he quit his field couple of years back to study French and is now working as a secondary school teacher teaching French with around 1.5 years experience. He has changed his field and now applying for FSW with NOC 4031 for secondary school teachers. But he does not have a degree in French (as mentioned in the eligibility requirements of NOC website) but still eligible to teach in a school here with B1 certificate from Alliance Francaise. He will however apply as secondary applicant only. Could any one let me know which code should he use as he intends to be in the teaching career even after migration. We are confused if he should go with accounting code or teaching code