+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query : CELPIP and IELTS scores, am I eligible?

Mar 20, 2015
Hi I have written IELTS and CELPIP, but failed to score CLB7 on all modules. Below are my scores:

IELTS
Speaking - 8.5
Listening - 6
Reading - 6
Writing - 5.5

CELPIP
Speaking - 7
Listening - 8
Reading - 6
Writing - 7

Am I eligible to create a profile in CIC? And if I create, is there any chance of Rejection?

I would like to apply under job code NOC A 2171. I already have about 15 months experience in Canada.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

The skills you need will depend on the group the job is classified in under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC). You must meet the minimum level for all four language abilities.
The requirement for 0 and A NOCs is at least 7. With one of the abilities below that score you don't qualify. Retake the exam.

chhvip2301

Sep 5, 2014
calgary, canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Hi there,

I am currently on an open work permit as i did my post graduation from canada and now working fulltime as system administrator NOC B 2281, i have 17 months of experience in canada, i recently gave the CELPIP TEST and the result is as follows

Reading- 7
Writing- 7
Speaking- 8
Listening- 6

I have no clue kn how to calculate the CLB level to see if i am eligible to apply under CEC in express entry. Can anyone please help me to know how i can know my CLB level.

Thank you

Chhaya

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
chhvip2301 said:
Hi there,

I am currently on an open work permit as i did my post graduation from canada and now working fulltime as system administrator NOC B 2281, i have 17 months of experience in canada, i recently gave the CELPIP TEST and the result is as follows

Reading- 7
Writing- 7
Speaking- 8
Listening- 6

I have no clue kn how to calculate the CLB level to see if i am eligible to apply under CEC in express entry. Can anyone please help me to know how i can know my CLB level.

Thank you

Chhaya
This link shows how to calculate your CLB level - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

If you took the test recently, use the top table. You have CLBs of 7, 7, 8, and 6.

This link shows what is required to apply for CEC - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/cec.asp

For NOC B, you must have at least a CLB 5 in all four categories, which you do.

Long story short, yes, you are eligible to apply based on your language test results.

chhvip2301

Sep 5, 2014
calgary, canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Thank you for the clarity you have provided.

can you also advice if i need an LMIA from my employer?

I studied here, have an open work permit, hve a fulltime permanent job, 35hours a week.

is LMIA mandatory even if i have 17 months of experience within canada.

Also, is it mandatory for my spouse to also give the langugage test?? And do i have to get her education qualification assessed?? She currently waiting for her open work permit to come through and is on a visitor visa ( implied status)

Thanks again for your help.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chhvip2301 said:
Thank you for the clarity you have provided.

can you also advice if i need an LMIA from my employer?

I studied here, have an open work permit, hve a fulltime permanent job, 35hours a week.

is LMIA mandatory even if i have 17 months of experience within canada.

Also, is it mandatory for my spouse to also give the langugage test?? And do i have to get her education qualification assessed?? She currently waiting for her open work permit to come through and is on a visitor visa ( implied status)

Thanks again for your help.
LMIA in not necessary if your scores are good ....but having an LMIA will give you an extra of 600 points which alone enough to get an ITA as long as you meet the basic requirements of the program..
Good luck..Hope that helps....hope for the best.. :)

chhvip2301

Sep 5, 2014
calgary, canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
thanks for your help! my spouse did gave Celpip and scored
READING-9
LISTENING-8
SPEAKING-8
WRITING-7 ( total points added in FILE- 14)

The points we are getting in the calculator is 450 but if do not get my spouse education assessed- few points get minus and we end up with 441 :(
Though the company has agreed for LMIA, but in this stuff economic time (specially here in alberta) even though i have More than a year experience in canada in NOC B 2281,studies from canada i am worried if i will get my labour market opinion positive or not. My AINP is also under process through employer's driven stream (international graduate category), have post graduate work permit-i heard PGWP holders are exempted from LMIA but need it for PR points which my company agreed to apply for LMIA for PR. do you think there are high chances of getting a positive LMIA ???

saddest part is spouse's foreign work experience is not calculated- 5+ years of experience as a visa officer in AUstralian embassy+ HR in india :(

grateful if you can put some light. really appreciate it!!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chhvip2301 said:
thanks for your help! my spouse did gave Celpip and scored
READING-9
LISTENING-8
SPEAKING-8
WRITING-7 ( total points added in FILE- 14)

The points we are getting in the calculator is 450 but if do not get my spouse education assessed- few points get minus and we end up with 441 :(
Though the company has agreed for LMIA, but in this stuff economic time (specially here in alberta) even though i have More than a year experience in canada in NOC B 2281,studies from canada i am worried if i will get my labour market opinion positive or not. My AINP is also under process through employer's driven stream (international graduate category), have post graduate work permit-i heard PGWP holders are exempted from LMIA but need it for PR points which my company agreed to apply for LMIA for PR. do you think there are high chances of getting a positive LMIA ???

saddest part is spouse's foreign work experience is not calculated- 5+ years of experience as a visa officer in AUstralian embassy+ HR in india :(

grateful if you can put some light. really appreciate it!!
there are pretty good chances of getting approved or positive , it all depends on your employer and you , and ofcourse job category which is in demand and factors like that , but if your AINP is under process then you should not try LMIA and wait for decision on AINP because it will complicate your case unless your PGWP is about to expire....good luck