+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: Applying visitor visa from outside Canada while spousal PR is in progress

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for Spousal PR application for spouse outside in Canada, which is in progress.

I want to invite my spouse as visitor in Canada.

Should I include the PR application reference while applying for visitor visa or it should not be mentioned for any chances of rejection since visitor visa actually has intent of temporary stay in general?

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
I am in doubt if mentioning PR application in progress in the Visitor Visa application may not reflect as dual intent and creates risk in rejection because purpose of visit of both applications is different.

I also checked this post where someone mentioned that they did state that PR application in progress while applying for Visitor Visa, but the application was rejected.

Below is the link:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-pr-is-progress-visitor-visa-was-refused-will-it-affect-pr-application-process-timelines.681283/

KALGI

Jun 27, 2023
I am in doubt if mentioning PR application in progress in the Visitor Visa application may not reflect as dual intent and creates risk in rejection because purpose of visit of both applications is different.

I also checked this post where someone mentioned that they did state that PR application in progress while applying for Visitor Visa, but the application was rejected.

Below is the link:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-pr-is-progress-visitor-visa-was-refused-will-it-affect-pr-application-process-timelines.681283/
Hi , you should answer correctly else if you try to hide about existing PR application they will charge you under misrepresentation and will ban you. They can easily track all applications with your passport number. A ban will make you inadmissible and PR application will have to suffer consequences. Visitor visa is for temporary visit and consequent PR application is a huge doubt on your Visitor visit