+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about travel history

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am filling out the forms and i am not sure what exactly comes under travel history. My country of residence is India. I was in US for few years for studies and work and visited India a couple of times. Now, the examples they have given are business, tourism, training, etc. Should I also consider education and work in this category or does travel mean just short trips for couple of days/months? Now I have already filled in education and work details in their respective sections as well as personal history. So, wont it be a repeat if i have to fill that in travel again?

Thanks.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you went outside India even for a single day in past 10 years, you need to mention that in your travel history. Look up your passport,it will have entry and exit stamps that will give you the exact From/To dates.

For any country where you have spent 180 days (even if spread across multiple trips/multiple years), you need to provide Police clearance certificate (PCC) as well

nishadmakol

Nov 1, 2016
DigitalDestiny said:
If you went outside India even for a single day in past 10 years, you need to mention that in your travel history. Look up your passport,it will have entry and exit stamps that will give you the exact From/To dates.

For any country where you have spent 180 days (even if spread across multiple trips/multiple years), you need to provide Police clearance certificate (PCC) as well
Dear Digital Destiny,

I need some clarification here. With the grace of almighty, I received my ITA in the last draw. I have started the post ITA documentation process. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days: 9th Apr 11 to 2nd Oct 11. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Nishad

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nishadmakol said:
Dear Digital Destiny,

I need some clarification here. With the grace of almighty, I received my ITA in the last draw. I have started the post ITA documentation process. Specific question here is that as part of my international MBA, I have stayed in Singapore for 176 Days: 9th Apr 11 to 2nd Oct 11. Do you think still I need to get the Police verification from Singapore as well as these are 4 days short than 180 days mentioned by you?

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Nishad
Well, if I were you, I would have applied for Singapore PCC as well. In reality, IRCC counts months and not days. Their rule says PCC is required for any country where we have stayed for 6 months or more.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Although, you are short 4 days but Visa office may still ask for PCC (later on in the process) or in worst case IRCC may return your application as incomplete (meaning you will have to create new EE profile, get another ITA - not worth the risk in my opinion).

If you still want to take chance you can submit eAPR without Singapore PCC and hope for the best...