+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about the dependent chid for entrepreneur program

AA-0086

Aug 6, 2010
Hi!
I am 23 years old and have recently completed my bachelor's degree in march-2010. Now my father is applying for business immigration under entrepreneur class and i am his dependent child. As i read at the website that i have to show the proof of continuous education to qualify as a dependent child. Now my question is what is the physical form of this proof, do i have to get an admission in some educational institute and get the enrollment letter as a proof or what? and do i have to submit this proof along with the application or present it at the interview?

Any detail will be helpful thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were under 22 when your father applied for PR, your age is locked in and you stay a dependent child unless you get married or enter into a common law partnership.

If you were 22 or older when your father applied, you need to stay a full time student. That means enrolling in a course and attending it at least until you land as a PR.

You can see more info at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf at page 8 for the lock in age and page 15 for the definition of a dependent child.

AA-0086

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks that helped a lot.

But do i have to be enrolled in any course before submitting the application. Because my father is thinking of submitting the application in August but the admissions, in the master degree course or other, begins in September in my country so should he wait for my admission and enrollment or should he submit the application with an explanation that my admission will take place in September and the proof will be presented at the interview.

Desperately need guidance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be better to be enrolled before submitting the application. Immigration will otherwise have no proof that you intend to enrol or if you will be accepted. Immigration is a long term project so it will be a minor issue for your father to wait for one month.