+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query About Protech Immigration

venkatavivek

Dec 10, 2009
Immigration representatives: How to file a complaint

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) does not get involved in disputes between applicants and their representatives. If you have a complaint about your representative, there are ways you can get help.

First, you must find out if your representative is an “authorized representative.” Authorized representatives are members in good standing of a Canadian law society, the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.

For more information about regulatory bodies, see Contacts under Related Links at the bottom of this page.

If you have a complaint about:

an authorized representative

* File a complaint with the regulatory body to which the representative belongs (e.g., the appropriate Canadian provincial or territorial law society, CSIC, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec).

an employee of an authorized representative

* Discuss your complaint with the licensed immigration representative. If you feel your concern was not dealt with properly, you may file a complaint with the representative’s regulatory body.

a non-authorized representative

* If your representative is not in Canada, send your complaint to the appropriate authorities in the country where the representative lives or works.
* If your representative is in Canada, file a complaint through the Canadian Consumer Information Gateway or the Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus.

What if my immigration representative breaks the law while representing me?

If you know your immigration representative broke the law while representing you, they could be charged under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Criminal Code of Canada or the laws of your country of residence.

If the law they broke was immigration-related (for example, if your representative submitted fraudulent documents with your application), immediately contact the CIC office processing your application or the Canada Border Services Agency.

If your representative has defrauded you personally (for example, if they charged you a fee, but did not fulfil what was promised or refuse to return your passport without another fee), contact your local law enforcement agency.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
OK.. My 2 cents.. My application is via Protech. I went with them because a manager of mine had applied through them 3 years ago and he got his PR. Since I did not know anyone else who could vouch for a firm based on their own experiences, I went with Protech. Atleast I knew that they're a legitimate firm and not some fly-by-night operation who would vanish with my money.

From my perspective, the 'con's are: (no pun intended!)
1. They almost never pick up the phone and don't return calls all the time either.
2. They charge too much money for the work they do. Not sure if their fee is around industry standard, though
3. I did not see any specific value addition from them in my case.. I had to take ownership of what I would put in my personal affidavit (in lieu of experience letter from my employer) but I was expecting them to send me formats or critique what I wrote in the affidavit. They did send me a format, but I think I did a far better job on my own.

The 'pro's are:
1. They were efficient enough in quickly reviewing my forms, helping me fill them up. They pointed out several errors in the forms I sent to them and seemed to know their way around how to fill them up.
2. They did not waste much time once I sent them the forms and responded relatively quickly with an update when AORs came, etc

Net: Unless there's some kick-ass consultant who will do a great job for you, cheaper.. I don't see an issue with Protech. They're as good as the next guy. Unless the next guy is David Cohen, of course ;-) ;-)

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
nothing to say anymore!

drmusunuri

Feb 15, 2012
I was totally ditched by protech immigration services.They grabbed my amount and disappeared. They never answers your phone calls and never replies to your e-mails.

They dont know how to file for an immigration and they even dont know the checklist before submitting.

So friends please apply yourself rather than paying them huge amount and finally ditched by them

Chandu2406

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

I applied for canada PR through protech immigration. They charged me around 1800$ for PR for AINP program. I got a confirmation email from them saying that they have sent my
documents to Canada immigration. A year later the AINP program was closed by the government and that has nothing to do with my application and now these guys are not giving my money back. Can any one please tell me how can I get my money back and they are so reluctant and not even answering the phones also. Can you please tell me how can I file a complaint against them and get my money back. Can i get with CSIC to file a case?

Thanks
Nithin

shashinjani

Dec 24, 2012
Hi Chandu,

I am in the same boat as you are.

I have paid them consultancy fees and now due to change in skilled federal rules; they are not ready to refund my fees.

I have phoned them six times since last one month, but everytime they rotate my calls from people to people or to automated voice mail.

I am based in UK and looking for getting my fees refunded.

I found this website and filling a complaint, hope this will be useful to you.

bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/find-business/name/Protech+Immigration+Consultancy+Services+Ltd/L6T+0C2/

you can email me with more of ur case details and so as me, and willl see if we together file a case and get our money, also if other members are on same boat do email us and let us fight for getting back our hard earned money back from agency

Shashin

ish39

Apr 29, 2013
The worst kind of immigration company. Took my $1800.00 three years ago and does not reply to my emails. Avoids direct response. Treats customers like sheeps.