+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query about Indian PCC :: The officials do not stamp the passport anymore !! :/

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
Experts please help :
(Specially... those who have received PCC nowdays from PSK)

Did the officials stamp your passport ?

I went to psk today for receiving my pcc, they didn't stamp my passport.
When i asked for it, the officer said, " the passport is NOT stamped anymore for pcc" .

Is that ok as such ?? :confused: please reply !!

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
That is strange, My PP was stamped last month.

Passport marking is not mandatory for IRCC. If you have PCC from PSK, then you are good to go..

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
That is strange, My PP was stamped last month.

Passport marking is not mandatory for IRCC. If you have PCC from PSK, then you are good to go..
Thanks a lot for the reply.

It appeared strange to me as well.
Yes i have received the pcc.

I just want to make sure that i m not the only one, who did not get the passport stamp.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Thanks a lot for the reply.

It appeared strange to me as well.
Yes i have received the pcc.

I just want to make sure that i m not the only one, who did not get the passport stamp.
I got my pcc done at the Indian embassy. They asked for the passport to be submitted, but did not stamp it. The pcc was however issued.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Honestly you should not be concerned if they aren't doing it. All CIC cares about is your report that says whether you have arrests/convictions or not. They should be least bothered about passport stamp that PSK puts. My understanding is that PSK/Embassy stamps your passport for their reference purposes.. like to know when you got PCC from them before as they don't want people coming every other day asking for it without genuine reasons.

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
Honestly you should not be concerned if they aren't doing it. All CIC cares about is your report that says whether you have arrests/convictions or not. They should be least bothered about passport stamp that PSK puts. My understanding is that PSK/Embassy stamps your passport for their reference purposes.. like to know when you got PCC from them before as they don't want people coming every other day asking for it without genuine reasons.
That sounds logical.

thanks a lot for the reply !! :)

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Experts please help :
(Specially... those who have received PCC nowdays from PSK)

Did the officials stamp your passport ?

I went to psk today for receiving my pcc, they didn't stamp my passport.
When i asked for it, the officer said, " the passport is NOT stamped anymore for pcc" .

Is that ok as such ?? :confused: please reply !!
it depends and it is not that the rule has changed now-a-days - it has allways been the same - that is soemtimes they do stamp soemtimes they dont, some consulates do some dont - it does not matter - what you need is the police certifiate - not the stamp.