+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about getting visa of less time than the time period of study

Rashi dadwal

May 22, 2019
Sir ...actually i got my visa for 6 months but i have a study of 27 months so what does this mean.......
As it's a matter of worry for me...as i am completely stucked ..

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Does your passport expire in 6 month?
If not you could either try to get it corrected now or just go to Canada and do an extension before it expires.

Rashi dadwal

May 22, 2019
Does your passport expire in 6 month?
If not you could either try to get it corrected now or just go to Canada and do an extension before it expires.
Yes it is going to expire in 6 months ....but my study is for 27 months...
So i will need to extend it ....but when nd how ...
And another thing that i want to know the reason behind this ...

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
Sir ...actually i got my visa for 6 months but i have a study of 27 months so what does this mean.......
As it's a matter of worry for me...as i am completely stucked ..
The same thing happened to me and it worried me a lot. After 5 months of studying in Canada I applied to extend it and the extension was issued in less than a week. It really wasn't a big deal.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to work for your first six months as you permit needs to be valid for longer than six months to allow part time work

Rashi dadwal

May 22, 2019
The same thing happened to me and it worried me a lot. After 5 months of studying in Canada I applied to extend it and the extension was issued in less than a week. It really wasn't a big deal.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to work for your first six months as you permit needs to be valid for longer than six months to allow part time work
Thank you for your concern ...but i have a permit of 7 months ....so can i work????