+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about extension of Tourist visa

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi guyz.
Just need help on visitor visa extension.

My wife came to canada with me 4 months ago on tourist Visa. I'm on a work visa in Canada until 2018.
Is it possible to apply an extension of her tourist visa from inside of Canada, so that she would be able to stay some more time with me since her 6 months/180 days period will end in 2 months.
What are the chances of getting the visitor visa extension in her case?
Please help out on this topic. Will appreciate any help.
Thank you.

jamesls1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totally, she can create a MyCIC account for herself and submit an online application for a visitor visa extension. It's a lot faster online but it still takes about 50-60 days so get it done ASAP. She will have to give a few details such as her work history and her intentions to be here but it's pretty straight forward. Submit passport and photo docs online and should be good.

I am in process now for PR and had to do this myself so I can remain here while I'm sorting it out.

The other alternative is to go to the States and come back to get another stamp (if she's from a visa exempt country) but with this you're at the discretion of the border agent.

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Also, me n her are applying for the PR and was wondering what reason can we put in order to get the extension. She wants to stay here with me as we got married just 6 months ago. If u don't mind me asking, what reason you gave for getting the Visa extension?
Thank you.

jamesls1

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just said Tourism / travelling Canada. I got the extension before I got my invite so back then I just wrote what made sense.

Writing the same should be fine for her, or putting something to explain that she's here to visit you.

gatred

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-11-2016
Nomination.....
31-08-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
anky2015 said:
Hi guyz.
Just need help on visitor visa extension.

My wife came to canada with me 4 months ago on tourist Visa. I'm on a work visa in Canada until 2018.
Is it possible to apply an extension of her tourist visa from inside of Canada, so that she would be able to stay some more time with me since her 6 months/180 days period will end in 2 months.
What are the chances of getting the visitor visa extension in her case?
Please help out on this topic. Will appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Just apply work permit for her. It is spouse accompanying work permit. I got WP for my wife. No reasons mentioned. Just fill the questionnaire accordingly.