+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries New Immigrant - Minimum stay 1st time landing

neerajkapoor

Mar 11, 2014
I have received my Visa / approval for Permanent Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Program in March-2014. I am planning to visit Canada, complete minimum requirements (PR, SIN, Bank Account etc) and come back to India for few months because children have to finish schooling and I will be looking for job in Canada.
I have following queries,

Minimum Stay in Canada on landing : As described my situation above, what is the minimum period we will have to stay in Canada before we temporarily leave Canada?

Permanent Residence Card : I understand, it takes 40 to 50 calendar days to receive PR card. I can give mailing address of one of my friends in Canada. Is it possible to leave Canada before our PRs are received? And later, my friend can send PRs to my address and India?

Social Insurance Number : I understand I can apply for SIN with providing “Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to our foreign passports”? How much time it takes to receive the same?

Bringing Money to Canada : How much money will be enough for one month stay? What is the best way to bring money? Demand Draft etc…

Bank Account : How fast I will be able to open bank account? What are the documents required for the same?

Qualification : I am Graduate in mechanical Engineering and Post-graduate in Mechanical Engineering. My certificates have been authenticated by World Education Centre (WES) Canada. Do I need to appear for any examination before I apply for job in Canada.

I sincerely request you to answer my queries and help me.

Expressing my gratitude in advance,

Yours sincerely,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no minimum stay for first landing.

You can give a friends mailing address and let your friend mail you the cards later.

You will get the SIN number right away but the card in the mail in a couple of weeks.

If you are planning to stay in a hotel or a B&B, look online and look at the cost. You could ask your friends too. Take twice the amount you think you can scrape by with and you should be fine. You can bring a little cash + some travellers checks. If you have a credit card, bring it. You can pay with a credit card in most places.

You can open a bank account right away. You just need your passport but if you open an interest bearing account, you need your SIN number as well.

hargunthind

Mar 14, 2014
Leon said:
There is no minimum stay for first landing.

You can give a friends mailing address and let your friend mail you the cards later.

If
As per the information collected it is illegal to send someones else PR cards out of country via mail or throu person

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hargunthind said:
As per the information collected it is illegal to send someones else PR cards out of country via mail or throu person
And just where did you find that information? It is not illegal to send or carry someone PR card outside Canada.