+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries for the proof of work experience

KedarG

May 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,

We are filling up the ITA form and come across few queries related to work experience. Please help us to find the answers for them

Our queries are:

I do not have an appointment letter or reliving letter from one of my employer. Now that company has been shut down, I cannot ask them to issue these letters to me. Fortunately, I have salary slips with me from that employer. How can I show this experience in CIC (ITA) work history?

Q1. I have experience letters from my previous employers but it is not in the format asked by CIC.

CIC asked for reference letter or work experience certificate from employer should show

experience letter from the employer, which

• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
My existing letters do not show duties & responsibilities, all the positions held, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits. Will CIC reject my application if I provide my existing experience letters? Has anyone on the group faced the similar challenge and how you overcome it?

Q2. My wife (primary applicant) is Self Employed for last 2 years. She has the invoices issued and the income tax documents (India) for the said period however, she has not registered any company in her name and is operating as a proprietor. Will the invoices and the proof of the income tax paid to Indian government be sufficient or will any more documents be required?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Kedar

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - IRCC will reject your application if you claimed points for work experience and the reference letter does not contain duties and responsibilities.
Try asking for a new letter or getting a letter in plain paper from a former colleague or manager and notarize this document.

2 - Self-employment is a pain so I won't comment on this.

KedarG

May 15, 2017
1 - IRCC will reject your application if you claimed points for work experience and the reference letter does not contain duties and responsibilities.
Try asking for a new letter or getting a letter in plain paper from a former colleague or manager and notarize this document.

2 - Self-employment is a pain so I won't comment on this.

Thanks Del for your valuable inputs. Sorry, couldn't revert to you earlier. We are in process of getting experience/reference letters from all our previous and current organizations.

Any pointers with reference to the self employment will help us in proceeding with the application. Also share your experiences/pains if you had any.

Regards
K

Last edited: