+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec to Ontario

Eden Jenn

Mar 8, 2017
I am moving to Montreal Quebec, I have a few questions that I need answers to:

1. I have applied for skilled immigration Montreal Quebec our CSQ's and PR applications have been approved since I don't have family there I plan to move to Toronto and settle there is that allowed?

2. If I plan to move to Toronto do I have to stay in Montreal for any specified amount of time, eg 3 months 6 months or as soon as we land can I move to Toronto to stay and establish myself with my uncle.

3. If I move to Toronto I will have to apply for a OHIP card as I am aware that the Medical Card of Quebec will not work anywhere else.

4. PR / SIN card will have to be applied from place of landing or from anywhere in Canada?

5. Will moving from Montreal to Toronto on the first day affect my citizenship in anyway? will they put up questions as to why I landed in Montreal and took the next flight to Toronto?

6. Do I have to work in Montreal as I plan to move to Toronto, the reason why cause we don't know French and will finding English based Jobs be difficult in Montreal or do we have to know French to establish ourselves as I know 80% good jobs require being Bilingual which is my fear.

7. Is there any motel or hostel where me and my family can come live at a minimum rate till we establish ourselves or find something else.

If there is any other information that can be useful for me kindly share. Looking forward to your response.

Rgds,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eden Jenn said:
5. Will moving from Montreal to Toronto on the first day affect my citizenship in anyway? will they put up questions as to why I landed in Montreal and took the next flight to Toronto?
If you are Nigerian in Montreal, then you are the same Nigerian in Toronto.

Btw, you could live in Gatineau and find work in Ottawa. Just 15 mins driving.