+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program will be opened soon

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will be great news if French language requirement is not mandatory! , If true can one apply for both Quebec and the Federal PR programme at the same time?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pdoc said:
Will be great news if French language requirement is not mandatory! , If true can one apply for both Quebec and the Federal PR programme at the same time?
French is not mandatory.
Http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/index.html

Quebec says it is "an important asset". I personally say that while it is possible to get a CSQ without French, it is very difficult to successfully integrate, live and work in Qc without French. Unless one spends all one's time in certain specific areas of Montreal, or Hull/Gatineau regions.

Oh, and be aware that children of Quebec PRs are required to attend school in French.

And here's a very useful & important page that I would bookmark & check regularly for updates about applying to Quebec. It covers most of the queries raised in this thread (or provides links to further information):
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

Yes, one could - if eligible - apply to both QSW & EE at the same time, but why would one want to do so? (Hint: a) see processing times)

murukku

Mar 13, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The links you share even now are outside portals and not CIC or provincial official sites. And none of them say that there is no French language test requirement or that it isn't necessary to learn French. It is desirable to know French (especially in that part of Canada) but possibly not essential if one can get enough points from other criteria to clear their cutoff. This nuance is what was not clear in your lawyer's mail hence your post.

Appreciate the nice gesture of trying to help others out even though you've got through OOPNP but the last thing this forum needs is more partially informed posts leading to even more speculation and, very unfortunately, anything not backed up by an official source is virtually indistinguishable from a rumor.

No offence intended. Peace out!

Do not act like a big brother! It's up to every individual in this forum.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did not get that. Are you trying to justify misinformed posts in the name of freedom of expression? Did you read about other member's experiences on such mails from sleazy law firms? Would you rather be informed properly with an official source or have random opinions thrown at you in the name of information?

Thanks for taking out the time to type and attempting to elevate me to a level I don't deserve.

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
OmarSarfraz said:
so now whats the story? french required or not if we quality based on points without french?
French is not mandatory, and yes gaining qualifying points is difficult for Quebec without french language proficiency -but it is possible.
follow bellow link for more details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.asp

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone here who currently live in Quebec, but already applied for FSW EE and stated that he/she intends to live in another province in Canada?

Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negarina said:
Hello,

I was wondering if there is anyone here who currently live in Quebec, but already applied for FSW EE and stated that he/she intends to live in another province in Canada?

Thanks
[/quote

Present.]

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
So any idea when it will be started? I understand that they will have separate e-filling form open soon but no date published yet.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Looks like I am vindicated!

The information I posted is TRUE! ;)

Here is the latest news:

1. Breaking News: Quebec Skilled Worker Program for Canadian Immigration to Open November 4

The much-anticipated Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) will reopen in under a week, with postal applications to be accepted from November 4, 2015. The QSWP is a popular Canadian immigration program, with successful applicants and their families obtaining Canadian permanent resident status.

Read Full Story: http:// click. canadavisa.com/ct.html?ufl=2&rtr=on&s=jaz5g,1h922,h8e,bm5r,1cxj,31et,3pyn

French is NOT MANDATORY:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Quebec has officially released the details, so I guess Cohen's people translated it for their breaking news.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/regles-procedures.html

There is a separate forum for Quebec Immigration, and QSW is still not integrated in Express Entry:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-immigration-b55.0/
I got the link above from Lammawitch's post (h/t).

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are happy with the idea that you don`t need to take any French test, the odds are that you have no fluency at all.

There are some questions that I can help but ask myself, why:

Why would someone be happy to move to a place where you can`t speak the language?
How will you get a good job if you can`t speak the language?
How will your family feel living isolated in a region when you can barely communicate or make new friends?

Quebec is a beautiful region, I`ve been there a couple of times and I had no problems visiting Quebec, Montreal or Mont Tremblant, since they are touristic places and EVERYBODY, I say EVERYBODY is bilingual (even beggars on street talked to me in English and French :eek: :eek: :eek:)

On the other hand, in the countryside, I just wish you good luck trying to speak English, since the great majority speak only French.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonnemacher said:
If you are happy with the idea that you don`t need to take any French test, the odds are that you have no fluency at all.

There are some questions that I can help but ask myself, why:

Why would someone be happy to move to a place where you can`t speak the language?
How will you get a good job if you can`t speak the language?
How will your family feel living isolated in a region when you can barely communicate or make new friends?

Quebec is a beautiful region, I`ve been there a couple of times and I had no problems visiting Quebec, Montreal or Mont Tremblant, since they are touristic places and EVERYBODY, I say EVERYBODY is bilingual (even beggars on street talked to me in English and French :eek: :eek: :eek:)

On the other hand, in the countryside, I just wish you good luck trying to speak English, since the great majority speak only French.
+1
You make some very good points, which I've also tried to address before in other posts.

I'll say it again: it is possible to qualify for and obtain a CSQ without French.

It is, in some rare cases, in Montreal & perhaps Gatineau/Hull, to find jobs with no French.

It is very hard generally to settle, integrate, find jobs in Quebec without French.

Signed: bilingual Qc immigrant of many years not living in a big city :). I've been here a very long time & every single job (private & public sector) I have had I have worked in French, with my English being VERY useful admittedly, but that's not the point. To give an example: almost anywhere I have worked would automatically throw a cv in English in the trash, without reading it....

qaz

Jan 25, 2015
My lawyer said no French test needed and job offer needed as well.

Time processing will be around 3 years my lawyer told me.

Yes, you can choose to live in anywhere in Canada, even if you applied the PR under Quebec system.

My package sent out on Nov 4