+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Application: "Membership/Association with organizations"

Maddy6

Jan 9, 2017
Question #9 on the Quebec-selected skilled worker application asks the following: "What organizations have you supported, been a member of or associated with? Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations."
To me this is a very broad question. Can anyone clarify what their understanding of this means, especially "associated with"? Thanks. (Already have CSQ and applying from within Quebec.)

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
This is a serious question, and I would also appreciate some insight into what they mean by "association with" if anyone can provide it. Has anyone experienced being accused of misrepresentation because they didn't understand what would be considered an association? Or, if you were a student decades ago and didn't remember joining a club at the time, could that create problems? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I tried to provide complete information and I'm afraid I've left something out. Should I be concerned?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
This is a serious question, and I would also appreciate some insight into what they mean by "association with" if anyone can provide it. Has anyone experienced being accused of misrepresentation because they didn't understand what would be considered an association? Or, if you were a student decades ago and didn't remember joining a club at the time, could that create problems? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I tried to provide complete information and I'm afraid I've left something out. Should I be concerned?
I went through the same panic today. I was busy cleaning out my closet and came accross student memberships which I did not put in my application. That led me to do some research, and all of the sudden I went into full-blown panic and started do doubt myself in my application. I also remember not putting in that I applied for the US DV lottery in the past, because according to my knowledge it is not a visa refusal. That said, I e-mailed my local visa office and explained tot hem that I think I made a mistake and explained which questions and asked them what I need to do to rectify it before they think I did it on purpose. I honestly did not think that I was a part of an organization so I did not put it in. I just did what I thought was right and contacted them. I am sure they will understand since it is student stuff.