+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
skyflakes said:
HELLO EVERYONE. IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE QSW HAS CHANGED ITS NEW SYSTEM. I HOPE WE COULD SHARE OUR JOURNEY HERE. I AM ABOUT TO LODGE MY DOCUMENTS IN TWO DAYS TO COME.
we are in same boat brother. See my timeline.

robinsonwalt

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014
lecter said:
Hi everyone!!!a friend of mine told me some info re nursing in quebec, i wud like to verify this....

i have few questions re nursing in quebec...
1. Is it true na as long as rn ka sa phils. mg aaral ka lng ng 5 mos bridging sa quebec, take the exam and if u make it then RN kna??
2. wala daw limit sa RN exam kahit ilang beses mg take kng sakali d mkapasa
3. And if galing ka sa ibang province mgbabayad ka ng 5,000$ for assessment fee ng papers mu?
4. pwede din daw mg work as nurse sa hospital kahit wala pa license??/

pls. shed light as we are contemplating on whether going there is a wise decision...
Anyone wishing to work as a nurse in Quebec must be a member of OIIQ or ung Ordre des Infirmieres et Infirmiers du Quebec, that's Quebec's professional order for nurses..

1. Mainsteps to be followed to obtain your right to practice are the ff:

a. application for recognition of equivalence-they assess and take account of any additional training and professional experience and makes an individual decision for each application.

b. obtain recognition of equivalence

c. compete a professional integration program (bridging)

d. obtain the status of Candidate for the Profession of Nursing (CPN)-once you received your recognition of equivalence, you can practice as a CPN. This temporary status gives you the privilege of practicing some activities reserved to nurses. This answer your question number four. you can be paid here but still under the supervision of an expert nurse sa unit..

e. pass the professional examination-the OIIQ holds two examination sessions per year. You must sit the examination whenever you are notified of the examination. Any unjustified failure to sit the examination is considered a failure..with regards to your question number 2, you are entitled to three tries in a two year period.

f. obtain your permanent permit-once you have completed the examination, you must meet two more conditions before obtaining your PERMANENT PERMIT..

1. knowledge of french
2. disciplinary, criminal or penal checks..---once you have completed these conditions, you will be issued your permanent permit. this permit is granted to you only once, for your entire professional career..
then...
f. apply for entry on the roll of the order

congrats fully Quebec RN na..hehe..i dont have any idea to your question 3..lol

robinsonwalt

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014
ConradFael said:
Guys,
I wish you all the luck in you application. I used to be in the waiting stages before until I got my CSQ. Nobody talks about quebec then and I was wondering why I feel so alone processing in a different category. It never swayed me to apply to other provinces though and studying french became a challenge and a passion. I'm just happy that everybody seems to talk about quebec now. I believe that its one of the best provinces in Canada. Enjoy the trip to acquiring CSQ. Its all worth it... ;)
thanks ConradFael..way to go..lol

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
zac989 said:
Thanks sa reply, bosschips. My area of training is actually in the priority list, un nga lang, the last job I had with it (Computer Engineering) is outside the 5-years-cap of the QSW. I was wondering if 2282 (somewhat related to Computer Engineering din since it pertains to User Support Technicians) can be considered as under Computer Engineering. Medyo confused po kasi ako sa discussions around the QSW.
Hi zac989,

I applied computer Engineering( 4 Academic Years) Training & i have also 1 year M. Sc Computer Engineering. Code is U062. i have 8 years experience but i mentioned in my application 6 years as per requirement. Could you share detail what was your problem?

markjayson22

Oct 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2015
AOR Received.
December 10, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent w/ Application
Interview........
waived
How long does it usually take to obtain the csq after getting the aor?

robinsonwalt

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014
markjayson22 said:
How long does it usually take to obtain the csq after getting the aor?

ayon sa website 7 months DAW..lol..

markjayson22

Oct 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2015
AOR Received.
December 10, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent w/ Application
Interview........
waived
robinsonwalt said:
ayon sa website 7 months DAW..lol..
I think yung 7 mos e yung sa processing time for the application of permanent residence. Parang mas faster yung csq after getting the aor..

robinsonwalt

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014
markjayson22 said:
I think yung 7 mos e yung sa processing time for the application of permanent residence. Parang mas faster yung csq after getting the aor..

ay yeah..un pla ung tinutukoy ko...i stand corrected..lol

markjayson22

Oct 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2015
AOR Received.
December 10, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent w/ Application
Interview........
waived
robinsonwalt said:
ay yeah..un pla ung tinutukoy ko...i stand corrected..lol
Hehe.... No probs..

Dan Martin

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
IELTS Request
sent together with the forms and other requirements
Hi,

did you all able to follow the required format in submitting the documents? Like IELTS result, my wife loss the original but we were able to scan the document because on the instructions(A-0520-AA) they will send the documents back to the sender,if required formats are not followed.

thanks,

Dan

Dan Martin

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
IELTS Request
Hi,

My wife is a nurse work in Saudi roughly 4 yrs now and she had work experience in philippines but we had hard time to produce the JD(Local experience) thats why opted to put on the application her saudi experience only because we can provide her JD from her saudi hospital.

do you think we won't encounter some problem in the immigration?

thanks,

Dan

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
Hi guys PPR na ako... I am so happy.. I just received the email from the visa office today... I hope you guys get them soon as well.. It would really be nice to know that you will be granted the visa as well... Ang saya ko kasi kaya I understand how you'll feel when you get yours too... Good luck to all of you and I wish your Quebec dreams will come true...

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
ConradFael said:
Hi guys PPR na ako... I am so happy.. I just received the email from the visa office today... I hope you guys get them soon as well.. It would really be nice to know that you will be granted the visa as well... Ang saya ko kasi kaya I understand how you'll feel when you get yours too... Good luck to all of you and I wish your Quebec dreams will come true...
Congratulation mate !!!

Dan Martin

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
18-06-2014
IELTS Request
ConradFael said:
congrats...

kindly answer my question above.

thanks...

kristine26

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ConradFael said:
Wow congrats to you. Hopefully sana kami din:)