+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER APPLICANTS FROM PHILIPPINES... LET'S SHARE EXPERIENCES..

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
securer said:
nyay..wala pa nga ako AOR or file no. eh..hehe..sabi nila clarification daw..clarification for what kaya?and how can I talk to them in english. french kasi yung automated machine di ko alam pano siya papagsalitain ng english :(
Just wait, the english menu will follow or you can press 9 for english. If ayaw, tell me. Priority ka nga kasi. That means inuuna nila application mo. Just keep in mind to have the copy of your application at hand if ever you will call. So that in case they will ask, you can refer to your application right away. It is Sunday morning here. Walang office so call them Monday night dyan (if you are in the Philippines). :D

patina92086

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-05-2014
ConradFael said:
Sorry if I have to contradict what you are saying here Patina. The file number is not as good as AOR. All documents that they receive, they will usually put a file number. It is already registered in their database with your profile. It is also an indication that your file has been reviewed. Whenever they return your application to you due to errors or lack of supporting documents, they will usually write a letter on what corrections you have to do or what additional documents they would ask. Now, you complied with everything that they asked for and you returned your documents complete and without errors, then they will just access your file number and continue from there. If in case after reviewing your file, it was found complete and legible, you will now be issued the AOR or Acknowledgement of Receipt. This means that you are ready for the next step. Your file will now be transferred to the department in charge of scheduling for interview. Therefore, file number and AOR are not the same.
not a problem....to each his own :)

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
patina92086 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

The cap does not reflect the number of applications received. It reflects the number of COMPLETE APPLICATIONS COUNTED. This means that before adding an application to the cap, they review the application first to ensure it meets basic criteria for completeness.

Hope this clears up our doubts. God bless everyone.
Sorry if I don't think the same because in Quebec's website this is what they said:

The Ministère will receive a maximum of 6500 applications for a selection certificate under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. Applications received beyond this maximum limit will be returned.
here's the link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/notice-immigration.html

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
April 21, 2014 but file opened march 17, 2014
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
ConradFael said:
Just wait, the english menu will follow or you can press 9 for english. If ayaw, tell me. Priority ka nga kasi. That means inuuna nila application mo. Just keep in mind to have the copy of your application at hand if ever you will call. So that in case they will ask, you can refer to your application right away. It is Sunday morning here. Walang office so call them Monday night dyan (if you are in the Philippines). :D
Thank you for the great info. The problem is I don't have the application with me because I used consultancy firm but I have my personal documents on hand. Is it okay?

patina92086

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-05-2014
alq814 said:
Sorry if I don't think the same because in Quebec's website this is what they said:

The Ministère will receive a maximum of 6500 applications for a selection certificate under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. Applications received beyond this maximum limit will be returned.
here's the link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/notice-immigration.html
If you had the time to open the link the headline says, "Quebec Applications Outpacing Federal Applications". Do you think the intake caps of these two programs are worth comparing if they do not follow one and the same rule?

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
patina92086 said:
If you had the time to open the link the headline says, "Quebec Applications Outpacing Federal Applications". Do you think the intake caps of these two programs are worth comparing if they do not follow one and the same rule?
i don't think so

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
alq814 said:

Since it is quoted as applications and not cap then it is indeed a different thing. thanks al1814. I missed that.

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
securer said:
Thank you for the great info. The problem is I don't have the application with me because I used consultancy firm but I have my personal documents on hand. Is it okay?
Yes you may do so. I'm just wondering why you don't have a copy of your application. I used the services of an immigration lawyer to process my application but he kept on reminding me to have a personal copy of my applications and documents before sending it to him. Your consultancy firm may have a copy of it but it would be better if you have yours too.

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
ConradFael said:
Yes you may do so. I'm just wondering why you don't have a copy of your application. I used the services of an immigration lawyer to process my application but he kept on reminding me to have a personal copy of my applications and documents before sending it to him. Your consultancy firm may have a copy of it but it would be better if you have yours too.
Okay I'll try calling them tomorrow morning. PH time. by the way are you a nurse? is it hard to find job in quebec?

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
securer said:
Okay I'll try calling them tomorrow morning. PH time. by the way are you a nurse? is it hard to find job in quebec?
Try calling them at 8:30 pm there or 9:00 pm. Yes I am a nurse. Yes it is hard to find a job if first, you don't have any knowledge of french, second, you only started processing your comparative education and your application to OIIQ when you get here. You have to start processing all of this while still in the Philippines. I have started mine while in the Philippines therefore reducing the waiting time for me to get the results. I'm just waiting for the OIIQ's evaluation. I am trying to continue learning french and while doing that, I'm looking for meager jobs to sustain me. Best of luck on your application. ;)

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
ConradFael said:
Try calling them at 8:30 pm there or 9:00 pm. Yes I am a nurse. Yes it is hard to find a job if first, you don't have any knowledge of french, second, you only started processing your comparative education and your application to OIIQ when you get here. You have to start processing all of this while still in the Philippines. I have started mine while in the Philippines therefore reducing the waiting time for me to get the results. I'm just waiting for the OIIQ's evaluation. I am trying to continue learning french and while doing that, I'm looking for meager jobs to sustain me. Best of luck on your application. ;)
yeah that's what I am planning but first I must call them about this issue and when it is done and I already have my AOR or hopefully my CSQ then I will the evaluation. By the way how long will it take to process my file if I already had my CSQ?

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
patina92086 said:
It's just an old article describing how overwhelming the applications for QSW program compared to FSW since they placed the cap. But you previously posted a different link which is just entirely about the FSW...nothing to do with the QSW. Was talking about this:

Quote from: ladyMM on March 28, 2014, 07:00:36 pm
Di naman sa ganun ata. As far as they received your papers counted na yun sa website nila. Then ung lahat na tanggap nila they will screen the papers as alledgely Sinabi to wait 4-6 months within that month na di na returned ang papers you have the chance to have the file number. Kasi as we noticed there is dramatically increased in the of January to feb 2014 impossible po un na file number un Kasi maraming pa rin wLang file number for the last year. Hence, ung submitted papers na un ,un ang Ina update nila.. Any idea sa mga iba?

The cap does not reflect the number of applications received. It reflects the number of COMPLETE APPLICATIONS COUNTED. This means that before adding an application to the cap, they review the application first to ensure it meets basic criteria for completeness.

Hope this clears up our doubts. God bless everyone.

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
patina92086 said:
http://www.cicnews.com/2013/12/quebec-applications-outpacing-federal-applications-123108.html

Is there any difference? I thought all canadian immigration programs practice the same rule pertaining application intake caps.
Yes there is a difference with the two programs not only in their rules and regulations but also the the caps they designate to each category. The link you posted above is just an old article describing the pace of both programs and seems like on that date december 2013 (based on the artilce) application for QSW is overwhelming as compared to the FSW. With regard to the cap for QSW as we are all applying for, by April 1 2014 new cap will be 6500 for all applications received (not processed). So by the time they physically received the documents even without checking them first, it is already counted in the the cap.

patina92086

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-05-2014
alq814 said:
It's just an old article describing how overwhelming the applications for QSW program compared to FSW since they placed the cap. But you previously posted a different link which is just entirely about the FSW...nothing to do with the QSW. Was talking about this:

Di naman sa ganun ata. As far as they received your papers counted na yun sa website nila. Then ung lahat na tanggap nila they will screen the papers as alledgely Sinabi to wait 4-6 months within that month na di na returned ang papers you have the chance to have the file number. Kasi as we noticed there is dramatically increased in the of January to feb 2014 impossible po un na file number un Kasi maraming pa rin wLang file number for the last year. Hence, ung submitted papers na un ,un ang Ina update nila.. Any idea sa mga iba?

The cap does not reflect the number of applications received. It reflects the number of COMPLETE APPLICATIONS COUNTED. This means that before adding an application to the cap, they review the application first to ensure it meets basic criteria for completeness.Hope this clears up our doubts. God bless everyone.
First of all I dont think the article is too old because its only dated Dec '13, I shared the first link about FSW because as I've said in my humble opinion all canadian immigration programs shared one and the same rule with regards to caps intake aside from the fact that i can't see any link like this in the Quebec immigration website. In an effort to back up my claim I've shared the second link just to show how FSW and QSW intake caps were being compared in the article. If it's really true that both programs differ in that aspect I still believe they shouldn't be compared. I dont think I have to explain further, again to each his own....I rest my case here...Cheers

securer

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
nurse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with the file
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
hopefully this year
ConradFael said:
nag press ako ng 9 pero di pa rin english. still french. ano po magandang gawin?