+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PGP

gen_z

May 23, 2018
You need to go with what appears on your CRA NOA. Scholarships often aren't taxable and therefore aren't classified as income. Check your 2020 NOA.
Hi, sorry to bother you again.

I have another question regarding CSQ applications, Im wondering if you know the answers to that.

I am filling out the form "Payment by credit card".

On the form, it asks for the principle applicant. Im a bit confused here, should I put my name, or should I put my mum's name?

Alternatively, is it easier getting a money order instead?

Many thanks

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi, wondering if anyone knows about this. Im a PGP 2020 applicant/ sponsor.

When submitting documents for applying for CSQ, are we submitting tax returns for only the year 2020, or are we submitting them for the year 2019 as well? It seems that by now, 2020 is the previous year. However, the PGP program is suppose to be for the year 2020, hence the previous year according to the program year would be 2019.

Many thanks

hamidreza.es

Nov 17, 2018
They must enter in Quebec. The whole point of the program is to reunite with children in Quebec. If you no longer live in Quebec that will be an issue.
thanks for you reply. I inquired this from a couple of lawyers and they mentioned parent can land anywhere in Canada. please do not share wrong information when you have no references

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for you reply. I inquired this from a couple of lawyers and they mentioned parent can land anywhere in Canada. please do not share wrong information when you have no references
That’s incorrect. They applied for a Quebec specific program so if they aren’t landing in Quebec they can be denied landing. If there was no issue where they landed Quebec wouldn’t have their own application requirements. Same as other PR programs. If you are landing as a PR based on a provincial program you can be refused landing if you aren’t landing there initially or there are concerns that you aren’t heading to that province. Think your lawyers may have been commenting about after they are granted PR you are able to move to other provinces. People have been denied the ability to land as a PR once they get to Canada because CBSA has concerns they aren’t heading to the right province.

Last edited:
Reactions: citizenshipcanada

hamidreza.es

Nov 17, 2018
That’s incorrect. They applied for a Quebec specific program so if they aren’t landing in Quebec they can be denied landing. If there was no issue where they landed Quebec wouldn’t have their own application requirements. Same as other PR programs. If you are landing as a PR based on a provincial program you can be refused landing if you aren’t landing there initially or there are concerns that you aren’t heading to that province. Think your lawyers may have been commenting about after they are granted PR you are able to move to other provinces. People have been denied the ability to land as a PR once they get to Canada because CBSA has concerns they aren’t heading to the right province.
My parents landed in BC with no issues. There is no such requirement to enter Quebec

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hoping someone can help me here- I am applying for both of my parents and I reside in Montreal.

1. As a quebec applicant do I have the option to apply online or I must mail paper application? As a sponser can I mail all the signed paper from Montreal or the application must be mailed by principal applicant from his home country?

2. in the event i also do have the option to submit everything online. my question is- will it be considered fraud if I open account for my parents using their email credentials and manage their email? My parent is old and not tech savy they cannot create account or do any of those. what are my options here please advise?

3. If I submit paper application and submit representative form in the file. As a sponsor what is the way to check application without my parents

4. Confused on who to choose as principal applicant. Both of my parents is married. Mom home maker dad owns business. Can i make my mom as principal applicant?

Thank you!

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
No. You're misunderstanding what I am saying.

The income requirements are based on the calendar / tax year and you provide your CRA notice of assessment as proof you have made enough income in the year.

To sponsor in 2020, you must have made enough income Jan 1 2019 to Dec 31 2019.

You must also meet LICO from Jan 1 2020 to Dec 31 2020. And potentially also for 2021 if the processing of the application takes that long.
@scylla, It is a rolling requirement. You can prove with paystubs.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
@scylla, so in my example above I would need to meet the income requirement from September 30 2019 - September 30 2020 to sponsor on October 1st, 2020 ? How can that period be proven through a 2019 tax return ? Won't that get proven with paystubs instead since it is in the somewhere middle of the calendar year ?
each case is treated differently ,you might be asked to provide two pay stubs for the mentioned year ,or a proof of employment ,check the financial requirements in Quebec ,different then the federal ones