+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PGP 2021 - Applied from Quebec, but moved to BC. Need Advise. Should I change address or apply CSQ?

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Hello,

I have been living in Quebec for 9 years, and always worked in Quebec province only. Recently I applied for Parents and Grandparents (PGP-2021) Sponsorship, and submitted Application in Nov 2021 from Quebec itself. My wife co-signed the Application.

Recently in March 2022, I moved to Vancouver area and my wife got a job in Vancouver. How will it impact my PGP Application. For my understanding, Quebec Applications we get CSQ request for MIFI in 6-8 months of submitting the Application. Can my Application still be considered under Quebec Sponsorship? or MIFI will reject my CSQ application?

What can happen to the file? Is there a way I can still apply for CSQ and I want my Application to be considered from Quebec?

Please advise, and share your experience if went through similar situation.

Thank you in advance!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you want to misrepresent and keep your OLD/non-current address in Quebec?

You have to update to your current address. It's up to IRCC to see which rule they want to apply.

Other way to do is to move back to Quebec.

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Do you want to misrepresent and keep your OLD/non-current address in Quebec?

You have to update to your current address. It's up to IRCC to see which rule they want to apply.

Other way to do is to move back to Quebec.
Just concerned, changing address won't refuse my application or put it at the last spot and it might take years to process it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just concerned, changing address won't refuse my application or put it at the last spot and it might take years to process it
You don’t really have an option you must update your address to reflect that you’ve moved out of Quebec. You should have already updated your address. Your wife’s work, future tax returns, etc. will all reflect that you have moved out of Quebec. You and your wife aren’t living in Quebec throughout the PGP application process you don’t qualify for PGP under the Quebec program. Do you qualify based on the federal qualifications (3 years above LICO)? If you don’t yes expect that your application will be refused.