+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec PGP 2021 - Applied from Quebec, but moved to BC. Anyone in similar boat, please share your experience

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Hello,

I have been living in Quebec for 9 years, and always worked in Quebec province only. Recently I applied for Parents and Grandparents (PGP-2021) Sponsorship, and submitted Application in Nov 2021 from Quebec itself. My wife co-signed the Application.

Recently in March 2022, I moved to Vancouver area and my wife got a job in Vancouver. How will it impact my PGP Application. For my understanding, Quebec Applications we get CSQ request for MIFI in 6-8 months of submitting the Application. Can my Application still be considered under Quebec Sponsorship? or MIFI will reject my CSQ application?

What can happen to the file? Is there a way I can still apply for CSQ and I want my Application to be considered from Quebec?

Please advise, and share your experience if went through similar situation.

Thank you in advance!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I believe your application will not be under Quebec since you have moved away. As long as you have 3 years income that is more than the LICO for your family size, you should be OK.

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
I still did not receive any Email communication after I submitted my file back in November, how can I update the address?

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
@kafepoche so far, no communication. F12 trick shows app updated on 28 April

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
@kafepoche so far, no communication. F12 trick shows app updated on 28 April
all the same you can use webform to change address. better attach proof of new address like utility bills and/or rental agreement, etc. they are a bit stringent about sponsor's address change.
down the road once you receive the sponsor approval check the address on the letter. if everything is moving the right way you don't need CSQ.

Reactions: YVR123

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
all the same you can use webform to change address. better attach proof of new address like utility bills and/or rental agreement, etc. they are a bit stringent about sponsor's address change.
down the road once you receive the sponsor approval check the address on the letter. if everything is moving the right way you don't need CSQ.
I'm not sure how to calculate Income requirement, I along with my wife (co-sign), the application to sponsor mom dad. I also have previous undertaking for my wife, she got PR in 2020. I assume they will only consider previous undertaking from the day/year she became PR, and not before that. She arrived in Canada in 2020, and can show tax forms for only 1 year, and not 3 years as per IRCC.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm not sure how to calculate Income requirement, I along with my wife (co-sign), the application to sponsor mom dad. I also have previous undertaking for my wife, she got PR in 2020. I assume they will only consider previous undertaking from the day/year she became PR, and not before that. She arrived in Canada in 2020, and can show tax forms for only 1 year, and not 3 years as per IRCC.
So you are family of 4 (doesn't matter if your wife is still undertaking or not because she still count as your family member any way), you need LICO (your income + your wife/cosigner) for family of 4 for the previous 3 year to sponsor PGP outside of Quebec.

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
So you are family of 4 (doesn't matter if your wife is still undertaking or not because she still count as your family member any way), you need LICO (your income + your wife/cosigner) for family of 4 for the previous 3 year to sponsor PGP outside of Quebec.

I did not receive any AOR so far or Ghost Email. How can I update the address?